It's alright

You are a really good singer. I like the sound of your voice. I really like the song overall, good writing! There are a lot of gaps in the vocals (short phrases) and I wonder if putting a delay on those vocals would make it sound better and fill in the some of the silence.
There is a synth sound at :50 I think, it sounds out of place for the style of the song.
"Forget this goat for the last time"? lol
This is really good, if it came on the radio when I was driving, I would turn it up!

You are a really good singer. I like the sound of your voice. I really like the song overall, good writing! There are a lot of gaps in the vocals (short phrases) and I wonder if putting a delay on those vocals would make it sound better and fill in the some of the silence.
There is a synth sound at :50 I think, it sounds out of place for the style of the song.
"Forget this goat for the last time"? lol
This is really good, if it came on the radio when I was driving, I would turn it up!

Thank you Jessica. I have to try using more delay on vocals, thanks for the tip:). The synth at :50 - I can't say about the style but it's definitely too loud. Goat?:) no, it should be "code" but as I'm not a native english speaker, anything is possible. I wonder why no one else has said anything about the words. Lol.

Thanks again

Yes, nice singing voice. Nice harmonies too. I like the way you have the vocal level well above the guitars.

The drums are a bit weak sounding. I'm mostly hearing the snare. The rest of the elements are there, they're just dominated by the snare.

The mix needs a stronger low end. If there is a bass there, it's tough to hear.

Guitars sound OK, but a little on the brittle/sterile side.

If you're going for an 80's sound, then you used the right reverb. If not, then I'd change it.

You did a very nice job! I agree with TripleM about the drums being snare dominant. It drives the tempo well........but after a while......for some reason........you almost......almost......get tired of hearing it at the same volume. And that's nit picking for sure. Again......well done and thanks for letting me hear it.

Very 80's sound. Mostly the chorus-y guitar sounds. Great vocal sound, excellent quality.

Interesting?, you recorded some of this 10 or 12 years ago ? was any of it done on tape ? It almost sounds like a 2" tape machine. How did you record it?

Anyway, great job. Very catchy, great arrangement, and drum track, very professional, please share how/where you recorded it.

Yes, nice singing voice. Nice harmonies too. I like the way you have the vocal level well above the guitars.

The drums are a bit weak sounding. I'm mostly hearing the snare. The rest of the elements are there, they're just dominated by the snare.

If you're going for an 80's sound, then you used the right reverb. If not, then I'd change it.

Thank you TripleM! This is exactly the kind of feedback that I need. To be honest, I was afraid that it's to "bassy", so this is good news:). And I will try to do something for the drums.

You did a very nice job! I agree with TripleM about the drums being snare dominant. It drives the tempo well........but after a while......for some reason........you almost......almost......get tired of hearing it at the same volume. And that's nit picking for sure. Again......well done and thanks for letting me hear it.

Thank you Mickster. Appreciated. Will do something for the drums....

Very 80's sound. Mostly the chorus-y guitar sounds. Great vocal sound, excellent quality.

Interesting?, you recorded some of this 10 or 12 years ago ? was any of it done on tape ? It almost sounds like a 2" tape machine. How did you record it?

Anyway, great job. Very catchy, great arrangement, and drum track, very professional, please share how/where you recorded it.
Thank you PDP. I recorded this song in my home "bedroom studio" in the early 2000's using Logic 3 or 4, some cheap audio interface, Akg C3000..At the time, a friend of mine played the guitars, I did all the other stuff. For this new mix, I used the most of the original vocal tracks, some gtr's and re-recorded every else in my new:) homestudio using Logic X, Apogee Duet, Kel HM-7, Logic's VI's, S-Gear, Slate's SSD4 and tons of plugins from Waves, Slate etc. For the final "mastertrack" I used Waves KramerMasterTape and Slate's VTM, Ozone5 EQ, Molot comp (which is free and great) and Slate FG-X. So haven't used any real tape but I used those 2 emulations instead...

Thank you PDP. I recorded this song in my home "bedroom studio" in the early 2000's using Logic 3 or 4, some cheap audio interface, Akg C3000..At the time, a friend of mine played the guitars, I did all the other stuff. For this new mix, I used the most of the original vocal tracks, some gtr's and re-recorded every else in my new:) homestudio using Logic X, Apogee Duet, Kel HM-7, Logic's VI's, S-Gear, Slate's SSD4 and tons of plugins from Waves, Slate etc. For the final "mastertrack" I used Waves KramerMasterTape and Slate's VTM, Ozone5 EQ, Molot comp (which is free and great) and Slate FG-X. So haven't used any real tape but I used those 2 emulations instead...

Nice, I have some of those myself, Ozone 5, and I just downloaded that free Molot comp which does have an amazingly good analogue sound for a free plug. Your Master definitely has an analogue sound to it which works well for that tune and production. SSD4 sounds great too. Thanks for sharing.

This is pretty sweet, I enjoyed listening to it. I didn't even know Waves had tape emulators, you truly have a classic-sounding piece here. Nice job!

This is pretty sweet, I enjoyed listening to it. I didn't even know Waves had tape emulators, you truly have a classic-sounding piece here. Nice job!

Thanks ZacharyMikel. It's worth to demo those tape emulations. For Slate's, you need to have iLok2.

Ok, I did some level changes to Kick +, Snare -, Bass + and tried to tame some high freqs on gtr's. Any better now?
Edit. It's the same link on my first post....

Back