Its all about the $

gullyjewelz

OK. To make money, you have to spend money. But at the same time - no need of spending money in a vacuum so to speak.
So here goes . . I want to produce a 30 - 45 second commercial and air it on radio (or maybe cable tv) this will get, theoretically, definite, continued air time.
The commercial will obviously plug the "product" . . . website, new music, etc.
"LOG ON NOW AND GET UP TO SPEED. IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY, YOU ALREADY LATE. COMIN TO A CLUB AND RECORD STORE NEAR YOU!"
OR WHATEVER. N HAVE MY OWN SONG PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND

--if you want to network wit me on this . . we can go in 2gether n record 2-3 songs and promote it up that way . . sharing the costs, etc. [but we need to be close enough to show up in the same places . .lol . . if it gets an actual gig or somethin]
--anyone ever try such? did it work? as in, increase record sales? traffic to your site? new phone calls? etc?

gullyjewelz@gmail.com
n dont forget - im waist deep in this game - TIRED OF LIVIN

Yeah money sucks. I've got no money to put towards something like that right now. But as you know, I probably live right down the street from you so as far as gigs go, we could get up on that. You let me know, I'll let you know.

Are you sure this would be completely worth it? Obviously it would depend on what your putting into compared to what you hope to get out of it. Never really heard a radio commercial for a indie artist. May get you some interest, thats for sure. I say good luck and let us know how it works for you.

I think when you see how much it costs to run a radio spot, you will be in for a reality check. The fact that you're casually mentioning it possibly airing on cable TV tells me how clueless you are to the finances involved.

OK. To make money, you have to spend money. But at the same time - no need of spending money in a vacuum so to speak.
So here goes . . I want to produce a 30 - 45 second commercial and air it on radio (or maybe cable tv) this will get, theoretically, definite, continued air time.
The commercial will obviously plug the "product" . . . website, new music, etc.
"LOG ON NOW AND GET UP TO SPEED. IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY, YOU ALREADY LATE. COMIN TO A CLUB AND RECORD STORE NEAR YOU!"
OR WHATEVER. N HAVE MY OWN SONG PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND

--if you want to network wit me on this . . we can go in 2gether n record 2-3 songs and promote it up that way . . sharing the costs, etc. [but we need to be close enough to show up in the same places . .lol . . if it gets an actual gig or somethin]
--anyone ever try such? did it work? as in, increase record sales? traffic to your site? new phone calls? etc?

gullyjewelz@gmail.com
n dont forget - im waist deep in this game - TIRED OF LIVIN

I haven't done cable television ad's as of yet, however we do continue to place ad's up on air on 89.3 KNON here in Dallas. Which is a publicly owned music station with a nice drop of listeners. We tend to advertise upcoming releases, shows, and other events. Traffic to sites, is average. You'll notice a small increase, but don't expect too much. That is where a easy to remember simple URL that ppl can remember while driving comes in at.. Or a easily to remember telephone number. What I did gain more of by statistics is ppl coming to events more frequently as well as phone calls. A great outsource are student run - university owned radio stations though they have low watt stations, they command a good targeted marketing scheme on 18-24 year old college students. Who of course also like to go to clubs and party and what not. For companies like CBS Radio, Radio One, or Clear Channel, expect to pay minimum $5k for 30 second spots. Cable television, depending on what channel, locally I've seen slots from $500 through your million dollar superbowl ads lol.

Why don't you try and get up with the guy that does the hip-hop show saturday nights on 97.3? He plays my shit sometimes and as a rapper he might want you to come into the studio and talk about what you're doing sometime and that would be free promotion, even if it's just on an indie radio station.

jlewis- im down 4 dat!!! just gotta get the contact info. im turnin down nuttin but a colla (lol) and i have heard taht some radio stations will do a few $500 slots . . its mad late . . but it really depends on your audience. .. i know back in the day before BET got stupid . . i ALWAYS watched the "halfway nude" indie artist videos at 3 in the mornin . . that would have been a perfect way to get some fans . . i know i still check for certain artists where THAT was teh first place i ever heard of act . . . and again
----@funkdaddy . . im throwin out ideas tryin to get opinions and research . . i appreciate your 2cents but assumin im casually clueless . . didn't ask, at all, for u 2 show your ass.

Back