It has been a long time

Yep.

All in my humble option.....

First, excellent *original* composition. Good for you.
Love the left/right panning guitar part.

Definitely not an easy listen. Don't expect people to put this on in the background while they cook dinner, it's probably not great background music. But as something to sit and have a good listen to, I think it's interesting.

For me, in my studio, the guitars were more than present, the vocals were not so present.

I stopped listening lyrics in the mid 90's so I can't comment.

Cheers,
FM

This reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. The Notwist meets clap your blabla? Dunno.
Anyways, it's really cool, excellent music to do dishes to (sorry pure.fusion). I agree with the vocals, they can come up because they're good. And I'd lower the guitars. 1:26-1:33 e.g. is a very nice piece but the guitars kind of push the rest away. Yeah with some detailed work this could be a gem.

I got it! Animal Collective!

I liked the stuff you had out at the edges of the stereo field. Interesting use of reverb.

I'd turn up the vocals quite a bit. Some pitchy notes here and there. Perhaps intentional. You never know with experimental stuff.

Wow. Nice job putting all of this together. An interesting jaunt down bizarro lane to be sure. I enjoyed it.

I liked the fact that it would take on almost a conventional structure for brief periods before breaking apart into unexpected territory.

Much as I loved what the guitars were doing, I agree that they could come back just a little bit and the vocals could come up.

thanks for all the input, it is greatly appreciated! will definitely bring out the vocals a little more and put the guitars down a bit.

Back