Is your mic 'REALISTIC'

omnipotent

Has anyone heard of the Realistic Stereo Electret mic, the model is 33-919A. Output is 600 ohms (i think). It has two unbalanced jack outputs; i think its a condensor. I found it in my dads garage, and would like to know if it has any use, I'm yet to try it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanx,
omni...:)

Realistic Mic

Radio Shack used the Realistic brand name for their electronic equipment - I think from the 70's into maybe the mid 90's. I have no personal knowledge of the mic you reference but maybe someone at Radio Shack can give you info

I actually have one of those, as well as a Realistic cardioid dynamic model 33-1071.....the stereo "electret" (yes, that's actually the way it's spelled on the mic)I have found to be pretty much useless....the other one, the "cardioid", actually sounds pretty good, if you're really close in, or using it for a guitar/amp mic......

I bought the "cardioid" in about 1972, I think...the stereo thingy I found in one of my dad's empty rent houses about 1985 or so.....I thought maybe the stereo one would be neat to use with a band I was playing with, placing it close to the drums.....it was useless.....

I'm pretty much mic poor.....although I like my Carvin CM 68...it's specs are right in the middle of SM 57's and 58's, which makes it a good workhorse for home recording only.....

The radio shack people I've talked to around here know nothing about the Realistic brand they used to carry, so I went to Radshak's website, and Realistic isn't mentioned there either....

I had a Realistic turntable (looked like an AR) and amp when I was in college, as well as some heavy speakers....all good stuff, nothing like Radshak has now, so maybe the company that made this stuff won't let them talk about it anymore....gibs

I still havn't tried it, but i have this strange feeling it won't work, its pretty beat up. I am still going to play with it; I don't own a stereo mic, so it might be fun.
Thanx for relpying gibs and mikeh, if i get the mic going and get some ok results i'll, post them up.
Also down here in Australia we arn't blessed with that place know as Radio Shack:D

No we are blessed with "Tandy" and "Dick Smith's" - just as a funny side point, Dick Smith is an Australia entrepeneur (sp???). We have a brand of matches called "Redheads" - so Dick Smith brought out his own brand of matches and called them "Dickheads"! You can go down to your local store here and buy a box of Dickheads!!!

Realistic Mic

The Tandy Corporation owned Radio Shack - it seems likely that the Realistic mic would have come from Tandy.

Back