Is Using condensers and Capacitors safe?

dvs recordings

I would like to know if I could damage a capacitor microphone (Apex 450) which has it's own power supply in using it along side an AKG 535 condenser mic which requires phantom power. My board is the Behringer 802 A which has phantom power. I want to use them both while stereo miking an acoustic guitar. I'm pretty sure the voltages are not the same. Can this cause damage to either mic. Want to be sure. Asked the store whom I purchased it from and they said they were pretty sure there would be no damage. Searched Apex on the Net but can't contact them direct. Any ideas out there.

Regards,
Dave

dvs recordings said:
I would like to know if I could damage a capacitor microphone (Apex 450) which has it's own power supply in using it along side an AKG 535 condenser mic which requires phantom power. My board is the Behringer 802 A which has phantom power. I want to use them both while stereo miking an acoustic guitar. I'm pretty sure the voltages are not the same. Can this cause damage to either mic. Want to be sure. Asked the store whom I purchased it from and they said they were pretty sure there would be no damage. Searched Apex on the Net but can't contact them direct. Any ideas out there.
Regards,
Dave
Unplug the Power Supply from the wall, and open the case. Locate pin 2 and 3 of the male XLR that goes to the mixing board. If each of those pins has a capacitor tied to it (usually around 10mfd), you should be fine. Those prevent the phantom power from coming in the back door, so to speak.

Back