Is this worth the money.....

Roker1

Hi guys,
I found a TASCAM M2600 MKII on the net and the owner e-mailed me some pics of it. The desk is in another city...He reckons it's in good nick.....here are the pics....what do you think:
Is it worth $3500 AUD = $1800 USD
I'm asking coz I've nevr owned a TASCAM board and never owned anything in this sort of range (8 buss etc.)

Thank you
Cheers

Attachments

• tascam 2600.1.jpg
    tascam 2600.1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 204
Looks like a decent board. I'm not familiar with teh sound of it, but it apprears to have all the bells and whistles. 6 bus? that's kind of wierd. Never seen that before. $1800 does not sound too bad though. I'd keep looking though. I bet you could find something better for about the same price.

Its an 8 buss, its a pretty decent desk for the money. Ive never heard anything bad about them, like the X2 or Behringers. Ive heard that they are a step up from the Mackies but below the Ghosts. For $1800 US Id buy it. Check Ebay to see what orther ones are going for.

SoMm

thanks a lot guys.....SOM, I was hoping for a comparisson with mackies, coz I felt they'd be close to each other.....SS454, yeah it is 8 buss, but one of the buss faders was turned up so you might have missed it in that picture, that's why you stopped counting at 6...:)
I will be (and have been) checking e-bay, but it's a bit hard coz most of the stuff is in US, it would be hard for shipping....
I'll check that out anyway...
Thanks for your comments....

Cheers

Am I too late? Did you already buy? I've seen these boards a lot cheaper then this. I would look around some more if you haven't already bought one.
RF

thanks rushfan, no you're not too late :) , ...I actually bought an M3500 32 channel / 8 bus for $1850 AUD..about $1000 US...great board..it's got the meter bridge and everything....I reckon it was a good buy....I just need the manual and that's it, but then again, who reads manuals:D :D

thanks
cheers

Hi Roker!!

You can order the manual from Tascam Canada as I didand it will cost roughly $75cdn.

Now, know where I can find a power supply for an M3500?????

Back