is this true ?

jimi

that u dont need great expensive equipment to record or write good songs ??? the creativity is not in the technique really as much as in the song . i wonder why we all sweat too much about this and that and just forget about what the song means.
i have a tascam 42411 whatever the name of it is (analog 4 track) doesnt sound very good ofcourse but i also dont have any effects at all (thats why i record in my small kitchen ) :) i guess it gives some natural efrfects reverb or something and its not great sounding but its enbough i think to get my ideas in it ??

but then again i neeeeed to buy some eefects unit so i can sing with reverb and play acoustic with reverb on it?

Like mixerman says " if the song sucks the mix is irrelevant" that says a LOT

In an ideal world, no amount of futzing will make a crappy song sound good....Id like to live in that world

once you do have a good song tho
you need the equipment it takes to keep up with the " flavor of the month " mixes

Lots of great songs are written on 4 tracks or less. Its a great place to learn and hone your song writing skills. And like Pipelines said, after that you move up to the next level. Ive recorded folks who really shouldn't have been recorded... doing songs that should never be heard.

Sometimes, a song needs more person than one to write it, and someone else to record it, another to produce and mix it. some songs have a dozen people all striving to make a song good. Its a beautiful thing.

SoMm

Back