Is This Room Big Enough For A Home Studio?

Avc2014

Hi, I'm just wondering if you think when i clean this space out if it'll be enough room for a home studio nothing really fancy just some diy acoustic panels, a desk , monitors, my desktop of course , my instruments , and mic , and thats about it.

Also if i were to Diy acoustic panels do i also need to diy bass traps or are they basically the same thing? to where i can just hang up the acoustic panels in the corners of my room!

2014-03-21 11.32.46.jpg
2014-03-21 11.32.40.jpg
2014-03-21 11.32.40.jpg
2014-03-21 11.32.56.jpg

Sorry You have to see all that clutter!
I just need advice before i start cleaning out this room! :)
Thank You Very Much!!

Attachments

• 2014-03-21 11.32.21.jpg
    2014-03-21 11.32.21.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 154
How should I take the pictures so you can tell the dimensions? Or how do i measure the dimensions seeing how the walls are not the same? um yeh i figured out that acoustic panels just have 2"-3" D roxul or fiber compared to bass traps which have 4" D roxul or fiber glass..!

Just from the pictures I'd say it's not a good room. There's no place in the room where you can get far enough from boundaries (walls, floor, ceiling). Without the sloped wall/ceiling the room would be on the small side, but with that slope cutting into the volume it's even worse.

ok but i would be doing my work more towards where the black couch is to to the ( closest) end of the mattress. not any where near the big slope in front.?

Sorry was trying to post enough to be able to copy a link didn't know i couldn't delete them. so sorry! BUT

Here is a video so you can see what the room is like cleaned out and everything. so you can tell what the room really looks like instead of just pictures. on the video i show you the dimensions so you can tell! please watch the video! any advice/help is greatly appreciated! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1eGjK1xFig

ok but i would be doing my work more towards where the black couch is to to the ( closest) end of the mattress. not any where near the big slope in front.?

There's a couch in those pictures? :facepalm: Don't know if anyone is going to watch your video to find out the dimensions. Just use a tape measure, make a drawing.

I would suggest you to build a lot of Gobos that you can move in the room and eventually keep for your future studio.
A plywood frame of 2' x 4' x 1' filled with Rockwool and covered with fabric make a great gobo that absorb low frequencies and it's really easy to build.

Back