Is this possible???

Heat

Hey...I am wondering if it is possible to take an existing song off of a CD and take tracks out of it..i.e.(take out the vocals, or guitars) ive heard it done before on local radio stations to make a spoof off of a song.
I'm trying to make a practice CD for guitar..and dont want to go through all the work of recording drums, bass, etc....
If anybody knows any software or trick that will do this I would appreciate any advice........

Heat

Hey.
I stumbled across a little gadget that can remove the vocals from a recording.
www.paia.com/vocalzap.htm

The only problem is that its a kit, so you have to build it yourself. My experience with do-it-yourself electronics is that your finished product rarely works, and it takes a reasonable amount of skill and equipment to get it working. IE - Oscillascope, multimeter...etc. On the other hand, kits tend to be cheaper than buying something professionally manufactured. This one will run ya about $40.

Another downer to that little deal is the way it removes vocals from a record. It somehow removes vocals that are panned dead center when recorded, so vocals that are not in the middle of the stereo field will not be completely removed. Same thing goes for vocals that have a bunch of effects on them.

If you're looking to play specific songs, then read no further, but if it's 'Let's get a groove going and play some ??? for a while' then 'Band-in-a-Box' is going to make your day.
www.pgmusic.com

hope this helps.

foo

AnalogX makes a vocal remover DX plug-in. I've never used, so I don't know how well it works, but it is free, so that's a start

Find it at www.analogx.com

- gaffa

Thanx for the link for the plug in......I think I remember seeing a device called the Rythym Bandit in guitar magazine....ill have to check into that and see if that can remove guitar parts.................Heat

I haven't used rhythm bandit in awhile, but the one I had removed everything but the rhythm guitar part, and only about part way. It was for isolating just the rhythm guitar in a song... but it has been a few years.

-stranger233

Back