Is this legit?

cannabis said:
it's still more than twice

what they paid for it

i doubt that-- the apexes are rebranded alctrons (aka nady, shinybox, ppa, cascade, etc. etc.). people on this board, tapeop and others have been able to get them cheaper than that in group buys too i believe. lynn fuston wrote about being able to do so in eq mag too. :)
that was all before nady stopped that though with their nady might :)

It is either a typo on full compasses part or it is legit. Certainly not a scam though coming from Full Compass.

kojdogg said:
i doubt that-- the apexes are rebranded alctrons (aka nady, shinybox, ppa, cascade, etc. etc.). people on this board, tapeop and others have been able to get them cheaper than that in group buys too i believe. lynn fuston wrote about being able to do so in eq mag too. :)
that was all before nady stopped that though with their nady might :)
the price from alctron

is a little over $40

so actually $115 is almost

three times the wholesale price

not just twice

cannabis said:
the price from alctron

is a little over $40

so actually $115 is almost

three times the wholesale price

not just twice

my bad man

misunderstood

your post :) :o

cannabis said:
it's still more than twice

what they paid for it

What's your point?

That is how a market economy works, isn't it?

I'd love to pay $40 apiece for these, but I'm not buying 100 to get the "deal".

I signed up for a pair to check em out. Figure if I dont like them, I should at least be able to get my money back re-selling them. From what ive read though, they sound like a decent microphone. Fair enough price. Its also been a long while since Ive bought anything.
:D

tnjazz said:
What's your point?

That is how a market economy works, isn't it?

I'd love to pay $40 apiece for these, but I'm not buying 100 to get the "deal".
the point is they can still sell it

for $115 and make a good profit

so it can certainly be "legit"

what's your point?

cannabis said:
the point is they can still sell it

for $115 and make a good profit

so it can certainly be "legit"

what's your point?

OK. Thought you were complaining that they were unfairly jacking up the price...

bair_ohio said:
I signed up for a pair to check em out. Figure if I dont like them, I should at least be able to get my money back re-selling them. From what ive read though, they sound like a decent microphone. Fair enough price. Its also been a long while since Ive bought anything.
:D

Let us know if they're any good. I've been wanting a decent ribbon mic for a while for drum room micking and double basses.

That's actually a damn good price. I'm not at liberty to say my store's cost, but Full Compass isn't making much on the things. Yeah, wholesale through a group buy would be cheaper, but that's because it takes out the middle man. Yorkville needs to make some sort of profit on their products.

Whoa! that's crazy! didn't know these guys had a website. My friend's dad is the owner/big manager dude for that. He's at the top:D I got hooked up with most of my gear from him for cheap, woohoo! :D

Fullcompass has had a site for a long time, just you couldn't buy stuff from the site, you always had to phone in your orders. They are local to me, and we almost always phone in the order and pick it up when everything is in stock, or most everything. And take note, some prices are lower then what they advertise on the site if you phone in. Take this guy http://www.fullcompass.com/product/249828.html , you say everyone is $299, well phone it in and save $50. There is stuff they can't advertise for less then a certain amount, but still will sell at a good discount. Now they probably can't go lower on the ribbon in question, but always phone your big orders in, might save you some serious cash.

Just a heads up.
I ordered mine Friday the 13th and recieved it Wednesday the 18th. I was very surprised since the website said 1-2weeks.
Got my MSH1O's in very quickly too.
Really diggin this affordable gear,decent quality sound on both pieces.

Back