Is this House?

Try using something besides a single box to make your music. I mean it's good to have a synth but this sounds like that one synth to me...in demo mode.

That's not house even by my loose labeling standards. The closest it comes to house is acid house-ish by way of industrial bands in the late 80s/early 90s. Kind of sounds like a Depeche Mode remix or something very similar like Intermix. If you looking to do house I suggest far less effects on the drums. Something with more thud. Not bad, just not house. Slap some distorted or growly vocal on this stuff and you'd be a hit with the goths and rivetheads.

http://netmusique.com/
(there's a station for classic house)

Hey, thanks for taking the time to listen.

jake-owa: you're right...I need to expand and pull from more of a variety of sounds when getting a tune together.

Invisiblemute: I was asking in all seriousness, as I know what a four-on-the-floor beat is, but all the genres and sub-genres of electronic/dance music...well, I just get a bit lost when it comes to figuring out what type of tune this might be.

Depeche Mode?....That's cool I guess. The last time I checked-in with those guys it was "Speak and Spell". Now you know that I'm about 90 years old, and quite the newb. I wouldn't mind being on the groove with a bunch of rivetheads, even if it were just as my tune was rolling by their brains for a few seconds.

lynx: thanks, see above.

>>>deepseasquid

Well, I was in the house when I downloaded it, so as far as I'm concerned, it's house music :D.

(In other words, I haven't a clue :D)

Not my typical style of song to listen to, but I liked it. I like all kinds of stuff, I just get in a rut in my listening most of the time.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks for posting it !!

Thanks for listening, Jagular. Yeah, I don't know what it is either, but maybe what "type" of music it is, doesn't really matter anyway. Most of my stuff is pretty schizophrenic....next tune will probably be along the lines of a "roots-oriented post-industrial glam/pop/zydeco ballad, with a tad of boilerplate-cowboy-metal. Oh man.....

>>>deepseasquid

Back