Is this Firewire card suitable for use with a firepod?

I bought that exact card and it did NOT work with my phonic helix mixer/interface.. I also bought the ADS pyro card, which DOES have the TI chipset, and is the card recommended by the manufacturer, and that one didnt work either. I even returned it and got a replacement, which did the same thing. After that, I realized it DOES work on my laptop's integrated fw port , which is why I have a separate tracking DAW and mixing DAW.. So the problem is my home PC, not the phonic. I'm pretty sure my problem lies with IRQ sharing or something subtle, but I haven't been able to figure out the problem. I can get the job done so fuggit.... I'd love to find a solution to that, I haul my laptop back and forth to/from work, it'd be nice to just sit down and do everything in one place..

Word of warning about the Belkin: unless they have updated that card recently (and from the edge connector, it doesn't look like they have), it only works with old-style 5V PCI slots, which unless your computer is several years old, you probably don't have.

Back