Is this a good sound card for recording?

Phil02

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...6159380960/search/g=home/detail/base_id/42968

It seems like it is a really good deal. It is normally 350 on musiciansfriend, but now it is only 100. Right now we are using a tascam 4 track porta stuido 02. Its pretty old too, and we need better recording sound. We also want to be aple to make what we record in the mp3 format. I think this would be a good answer, but if anyone knows anything about this sound card, please let me know!
Thanks,
Phil

99$ .. great price.

Personally the 20bit converter is scaring me a bit. I'd go for 24 bits. (It's still better than the run of the mil SB card)

The price is right though!!.

You may want to look for a card that has over 100dB in range and has 24bit DACs and ADCs.

It's got enough inputs so this card is fine for the money.

I agree about the 20 bit bit - a bit scary :)

I didn't do enough homework when I bought an Audiowerk card a while back - it advertised that you could record at 18 bit (18 bit?) but that was only possible with Logic Audio and when recording from a digital source. It was a great card for 16 bit, but I was jonesing for 24. Read the fine print first.

At 99 bux that looks like a steal. I wanna Delta 1010 but that looks like a great start. ;) I may have to get one.

BHS;

CR

Back