Would you do it?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Swede

Hi there!

I have a Roland RS-5 synth that I'm not very happy with. The only good thing about it is the electric pianos. Everything else outright sucks! I really want an upgrade.

Now I have a chance to trade the Roland keyboard and 400$ for a used Korg Triton LE. Is this a good deal? Do you think I should do it? How good is the Triton? It should be quite a few steps up from the Roland, right?

First, I think that the Roland is a fine keyboard and if you learned to tweak it right, you'd be happier with it.

However, the Triton LE is a substantially BETTER keyboard and the market value is such that your deal is very fair.

I'm not saying you are getting a bargain here, but you sure aren't getting ripped off either.

I would do it, especially if you aren't happy with the Roland.

Carl

I agree with Krakit, the deal sounds fair and there is no reason keeping a keyboard you don't like when there is an opportunity to upgrade.

There ARE a few things that are good with the Roland. The keyboard action is pretty descent for a synth and the electric pianos are quite good. The piano sound is terrible though.

Does anybody know anything about the keyboard action on the Triton Le61?

I'm not familiar with the roland, but I own a Korg Triton Studio, which is basically the LE's daddy. The TS is, to use keyboardists technical jargon: badass. The LE is like an abbreviated version of the TS. I think you'll be very happy with the LE. Hell, if you've never played with a triton studio you won't even know what you're missing.

Back