Is there any hope for my Alesis D4?

Sigma9

Or shold I take her outback and sentence it to a gasoline death. Is the D5 better, is there something better then the D5?

What seems to be the problem. I use mine all the time triggering with tracks that were already recorded with acoustic drums

What seems to be the problem. I use mine all the time triggering with tracks that were already recorded with acoustic drums

well thats just it....

I dont have a sampler, im very tired of the "thin" sounds from the D4, I need something more "REAL". I dont like loops, I like to be in control of my drumsets, I enjoy making my own beats Just as much as making my music. Loops and stuff dont impress me. Im sure they sound real but I refuse to be Locked into searching for a loop. I need some kind of way to take some of the machine out of the sounds. Ive had the D4 since the early 90s...

What is your application. I have been useing mine in recording studio application. When I record the drums with mics, and the client wishes, I'll take the individual drum tracks audio out and go to the D-4's trigger in and experiment with the D-4 and useing the recording console and out board effects, the possibilities are endless

Can the D4 be triggered by a regular microphone like the sm57? Instead of purchasing 10 acoustic drum triggers.

indirectly, yes. I usually record drums useing 8 or 9 mics and go to 8 or 9 tracks on my HDR 24/96. If the client wishes, then we can change the sound of the drums and even mix the sounds of the D-4 with the origanal mic'd drums. You simply take the drum track that you wish to play with, and connect it to the trigger in of the D-4. every time the signal from the mic'd drum hits, it will trigger the D-4

Have you tried the Alesis DM Pro?

The DM Pro has much better sounds and is capable of importing sounds as well. Its much much better than the D4. I've owned the D4, D5, and now the DM Pro.

Back