is there a way to beatmatch with n-track

homerecording

could someone tell me if there is a way to beatmatch two songs using n-track.so that one song merges into the next song without missing a beat.i'm not talking about cross fading.
any help would be appreciated
thanks
nick:confused:

n-track can time allign the tracks using the offset feature.Control-leftclick-drag.
Not sure what you mean by "beatmatch".Tempo streaching?Please give more detail about exactly what it is you are trying to do.

Tom

my reply

hi tom
what i mean is.is there a way to have both the songs playing on the same beat.i guess giving them both the same bpm so that both the songs beats line up exactly with each other.so theres a smooth transition between songs without you being able to notice that its changed to the next song(a seamless mix from one song to another).crossfading isn't good enough.
thanks
nick

Hi Nick
The offset feature I mentioned is a way for you to allign any particular track anywhere you want.You magnify the .wav on the display and you can literally make position changes with sample-level precision.
Somehow I had the idea you wanted to know if n-track had a time streach feature (it does but I've never used it) whereby a bit of music can have the number of bpm altered while the pitch remains the same.This would enable a person to blend together completely seamlessly two songs with different time signatures.
Either way,n-Track Studio will do it.

Tom

Use ACID

Nick,

You want to have two files mixed on beat like a club DJ would do, right?

N-Track is not the best software for this. Try using Sonic Foundry's ACID. If you know the bpm's for each file you can set the songs to a specific bpm and mix them rather easily. The new 3.0 version of ACID has the Beatmapper function which allows you to determine a highly accurate bpm for each file.

Back