Is there a real difference between Ibanez Artcore Semi Hollow and Hollow guitars ?

crgl

I have a semi-hollow Ibanez guitar ( Artcore Talman TM-71 ) and I would like to sell it in order to buy an Artcore AFST with tremolo. This one is hollow body.

Should I expect a real difference in sound between these guitars ? Both have the same ACH humbuckers.

Thank you.

I've only played one artcore in my life, but in general, usually the difference is that the semi hollowbodys will have better sustain and less tendancy to feedback. Differences in sound are probabaly best discovered by playing/listening, but would be to be expected I would think.

Daav

There is a noticeable difference in the sound. A great example of a hollow body Gretch is Brian Setzer and The Reverend Horton Heat.

Someone else gets to list a recognizeable semi hollow. oh I know, BB King.

i've got an ibanez artcore AG75. it's got great sustain and tone, and i really dig it. for the $200 i paid for it used, i couldn't pass it up.

cheers,
wade

Hollow body guitars a more resonate and may have a slightly more mellow tone (this varies greatly and depends on a lot of factors.) The most noticable difference is that hollow bodies are prone to feedback much more than semi hollow bodies. At low volume (turn it down on the guitar) there wont be a lot of difference.

Back