Is there a better way to do this??

Fire Dome

Hi ive just got some electronic drums and im trying to trigger a sample to start when i hit a pad for the drums for live use.

So heres the deal at the moment.

I am triggering a piano loop in Reason 3.0 using an nnxt. What i want is that i can hit my pad once and the loop will play continuosly until i hit the pad again and it will stop. The v drums i am using are the td6kx and i have configured it so the note on the snare skin triggers the loop to play over and over and then the rim, which is set to a different note, is set to play a loop of blank audio. The overall polyphony is set to 1 so when one plays the other doesnt and this allows me to stop the piano when i want to.

However is there a better way to do this?? Is there a way to send a start message and a stop message from the same trigger pad?

Thank you in advance

Dave

hmmm... i dont know of any way to accomplish this in reason. you cant just start/stop the sequencer, because nnxt will continue to play the samples to the end (of the sample). as ghetto as it seems, yours is the best answer i can see. remember that the "samplers" in reason arent true samplers, but are basically just sample players.
a

If you turn the polyphony down to 1 and put the repeat all the way up, it will continue to play until you hit a different note. That's as close as you are going to get, from what i know.

Back