Is the POD worth $600

Let me answer that question with another question.

Is the Johnson J-station worth $150.00?

Did you read the post on the guitar and basses forum? Behringer is coming out with a V-amp rack-mountable version that will go for $279 list, which is probably under $200 at stores. Hard to beat that...

tHE Pod xt is 400, and it is worth every penny. I own the j Station as well and it sounds a bit overprocessed and gritty to me, but is good for the money

Maybe I am hung up on semantics, but how can the J-station sound "overprocessed" and "gritty" at the same time? I have always thought those two things meant the exact opposite of each other. I haven't used a PODxt, so I don't know what I am missing, but I have used a POD 2.0, and a V-amp, and I liked the J-station so much more.

XPLAINED

To be a bit more specific, the high end on the distorted models sounds gritty. The mid crunch sounds a bit overprocessed, as well as all of the clean models. The lead tones are excellent. That is what i meant. The POD XT blows away any of the previous pod units. As well as the beringer in my opinion. The digitech units aren't much different in terms of sounds as the J Station. I like the J but now it justcollects dust in my studio...since the XT. The XT sounds much more like a real amp mic'd in a real room. But i don't think the J station is as realistic. I've used many modelers, and owned many, and in my opinion nothing touches thePOD XT.

I haven't heard the POD xt yet (apart from the samples on the website... I thought the Tweed-model was totally convincing, but the high-gain stuff wasn't any better than those found in my Genesis 3). But I can tell you from personal experience, that the Genesis 3 blows away POD 2.0, J-Station and V-amp2. Especially given it's current price and the load of features... some of which the POD xt still doesn't have (like a dedicated knob for cabinet models and the cool warp-function)

BTW, the PODxt is still $575 in the Netherlands, so I won't be buying one soon... and by the time it's around $300, we probably have something new from either Digitech, Line6, Behringer (although I doubt their quality), Eventide (hopefully!), Tech21 (maybe an updated Sansamp with effects and 24/192 digital I/O) or Rocktron (revised Replitone..?)

Modelers and then there is POD XT!

Pod xt has every parameter editable from the front panel. All you do is push the on but and rotate a wheel to change any setting. And it is loaded with more than just amps, and cab models, it has a lot of very convincing stomp box style effects, and a load of other stuff. The high gain stuff on it is really good as well. The main reason that i bought it. Don't judge it on those shitty samples they put up. I think yoiu could probably acheive any tone you wanted with it, or come extremely close. 575 in the Netherlands. That sucks. And Line 6 makes the POD xt for those who didn't know that. I thinkthere is a reason that it is expensive...because it kicks some serious ass!!

I hear ya Analytical Man, but when I bought my Genesis 3, I bought it 2nd handed in great condition from a wellknown guitarist (from the dutch rock-band 16Down), I bought it for 275 euro, at the time when new Genesis 3's were sold for no lower than 540 euro!!! So I got a heck of a deal... Now, more than 9 months later, the cheapest price is still around 300-350...
But the PODxt is just hella-expensive here... I'll try one soon, if I have some time...

i have the pod pro far similar to the xt only with some extra options
i had the j-station before this but i was looking for some new sounds and the pod gave them to me
i really like the clean sounds and in the distortion department it will not let you down i mean the insane setting sounds fatter than a mesa boogie on crack and the high gain setting rocks also these are just one of my favs.

so is it worth the money yeah to me it is !!!

here you go...

Back