Is the bass too strong?

Excellent cover of this song - you nailed this!!!!

Not too boomy to me. The bass guitar part seems to be prominent but not dominant.

No problems on this mix for me.....again excellent cover.....

Thanks ido.

I'll definitely need to check my PC audio settings. I record using an AKAI DPS 16 and my recordings sound great through my Events 20/20 but when I put them on CD listen on my PC, I hear too much boominess.

weird...I'm having kind of the opposite reaction on this end. I think the bass could use a boost in the 400Hz region to make it more prominent.

The guitar recording was really good.

I like your recording of "Ain't No Sunshine." Your voice suited that tune perfectly....and the guitar is great...and the bass line (sounds like an acoustic bass maybe? Or just an acoustic doing a bass line?) Really nice listen.

Sorry to change topics. Where in Texas you at?

I agree with Chris about the bass. It's certainly not too loud.

I like your voice better than in the original. This is great.

mix is very good on my cheapo edirol monitors, and I've the the bass and treble controls on neutral - I'm listening to your whole set - sounds great!

And, yeah, where in Texas?

Sorry for the delayed response guys. Just now taking my Christmas tree down and storing it in the attic. Whew, I'm taking a break for sure.

Thanks very much all for listening and for the kind words.

I'm in Lubbock, TX. Any of you guys close by, let's get together and jam.

Chrisharris, you're absolutely right. I use an acoustic bass guitar in all songs but if memory serves, I used an acoustic guitar for Ain't No Sunshine - I did not own a real bass back then.

Give Stars a listen. The girl I'm singing with is phenomenal.
Very nice -- that one got my wife in from the next room -- temporarily justifying all the time and energy I dump into this hobby (not to mention G.A.S.), then it was over :o

Lubbock and Houston are not real close :( - I used to live in Levelland, but that was long ago.

Thank you.

Lubbock isn't close to anything so that kinda sucks.

It does feel good when someone else appreciates this hobby, especially someone who is not as particularly interested in it as we are.

Thanks again.

The bass is absolutely fine (I'd actually like just a tiny bit more clarity and boom on it).

The only problem I've got is that the high-hat and cymbals sound kind of like maracas. Little less high end. You've got a nice voice, but it doesn't quite go perfectly throughout the song.

But what do I know? You're alot more talented than me or my band.

The bass is absolutely fine (I'd actually like just a tiny bit more clarity and boom on it).

The only problem I've got is that the high-hat and cymbals sound kind of like maracas. Little less high end. You've got a nice voice, but it doesn't quite go perfectly throughout the song.

But what do I know? You're alot more talented than me or my band.
Thanks for listening. I listened to it in the car and I agree that it needs more boom. There really is an issue with my PC speakers.

Which part/s of the song do the vocals not fit well?

Thanks again.

Sage, I can't rely on my cheap PC speakers either, so I use the headphones. Hey, I don't think there is a problem with the bass, other than what others have mentioned. Sounds fine to me, just not defined. I think I will just sit here and listen to your recordings. You have one of the most soothing voices, just downright nice!

Sorry for the delayed response guys. Just now taking my Christmas tree down and storing it in the attic. Whew, I'm taking a break for sure.

Thanks very much all for listening and for the kind words.

I'm in Lubbock, TX. Any of you guys close by, let's get together and jam.

Chrisharris, you're absolutely right. I use an acoustic bass guitar in all songs but if memory serves, I used an acoustic guitar for Ain't No Sunshine - I did not own a real bass back then.

Sounds nice. A tad of boomyness I can hear on the guitar but its not even an issue.
You sound kind of like Neil Young!
Vocals are out of tune slightly at times, if you have autotune I'd use that on each seperate vocal track. Nice harmonies.

Nice stuff!!

Eck

Thanks for listening. I listened to it in the car and I agree that it needs more boom. There really is an issue with my PC speakers.

Which part/s of the song do the vocals not fit well?

Thanks again.

There is lack of low end. This is party because you used an acoustic bass rather than an electric bass. Id leave the guitar as is and boost the low end on the bass a wee bit around 100Hz roughly.

Eck

Rick,

Thanks for your compliments. You've always been kind enough to give my projects a listen.

Eck,

"Weekend" is a Neil Young song - big fan here. Thanks for the compliment.

I would apprecicate it if you could specify the parts of the song where the vocals need the autotune. Never used it before but I will learn. Honestly, I've listened to this song to death that I can no longer hear the mistakes.

Thanks all.

Rick,

Thanks for your compliments. You've always been kind enough to give my projects a listen.

Eck,

"Weekend" is a Neil Young song - big fan here. Thanks for the compliment.

I would apprecicate it if you could specify the parts of the song where the vocals need the autotune. Never used it before but I will learn. Honestly, I've listened to this song to death that I can no longer hear the mistakes.

Thanks all.

body is out each time you sing it, this could be intentional as part of your Neil Young style though. The 1st body is at 30 secs.
Might actually be good to leave it in. Adds something "real" to the performance.

Nice stuff!
Eck

body is out each time you sing it, this could be intentional as part of your Neil Young style though. The 1st body is at 30 secs.
Might actually be good to leave it in. Adds something "real" to the performance.

Nice stuff!
Eck
Thanks Eck.

So its not too far off then if it is ok to leave it in? Is it not too embarassing? I just don't want it to take away from the song.

Thanks.

Yeah this is really nice, great job. I checked out "Stars" as well, and it was really nice. Great vibe y'all have going there.

BTW, I didn't think "body" sounded bad on "Wonderwall." Just sounded a little bluesy, kind of like the way he sang it if I remember correctly.

Great job! :)

Back