Is my song too "Asian Pop"?

Hibiki Itano

I know most of you guys will get in and tell me racist. But the truth is I am Asian. I'm just working on a project and want to get feedback if some nations in the world like it or not.
This is my first work, and I hope you guys will make comments as much as you can. Your feedback is gonna make me better.
You can comment on everything, like the writing, arrangment, vocals, mixing, etc...
I'm happy to read your comments!
Thanks!

I know most of you guys will get in and tell me racist.

? I don't understand this comment.

I do understand, however, that you posted this track in vocal section earlier asking for comments on your voice. There was more than one post there about the mix as well as the vocal performance, including one from myself. It would help to stick feedback on tracks in one place, here being the best spot for it. You're also encouraged to leave feedback on others tracks as you wish they do for you.

I didn't listen to this since I believe it's the same tune from earlier in the vocal section. The mix is very verb heavy but there is a good song behind it. Your vocal is more subtle, and I think I told you that a strong female lead would help counter that performance and make the track more round. That's my opinion. I believe the snare is a little dated in its tone, but it's hard to tell exactly with all the reverb everywhere.

I'm not entirely sure what "Asian pop" means in this context? Too much like Big Bang or something? Babymetal?

The mix is actually pretty not poppy. It's a lot of mid range and kind of a quiet, but overwhelming reverb.

Well, since it is in Vietnamese, it does sound pretty Asian. I don't know if it sounds to "Asian" pop, but it does sound old school pop.

Agree with Steve, you could pull down some of the 2K-5K range, seems to be some harness around that area. Over all, mix is not bad other than the mid-range.

Pop Asia it isn't.
Your voice is rather like the confessional tones of Al Stewart in about 76.
You need to address the "essing" on your voice - it may be an artifact of the reverb so a) drop the reverb then check for sibilance and b) if it's still there - treat it.
The sound is pretty good - a bit mid muddy as mentioned - and the stereo image is fairly narrow.

Is Asian cock rock called "Cock Asian"?

You have to say it out loud. It's not dirty. .....):D

? I don't understand this comment.

I do understand, however, that you posted this track in vocal section earlier asking for comments on your voice. There was more than one post there about the mix as well as the vocal performance, including one from myself. It would help to stick feedback on tracks in one place, here being the best spot for it. You're also encouraged to leave feedback on others tracks as you wish they do for you.

I didn't listen to this since I believe it's the same tune from earlier in the vocal section. The mix is very verb heavy but there is a good song behind it. Your vocal is more subtle, and I think I told you that a strong female lead would help counter that performance and make the track more round. That's my opinion. I believe the snare is a little dated in its tone, but it's hard to tell exactly with all the reverb everywhere.

Sorry about keep posting this. I had read your feedback and I'm happy about it. :D
Guys, thank you very much for your recommendations and guidance. ^_^

Back