is my buddy brainwashed?

zook250

i edited this thread as nothing technical regarding the 2 platforms was said except for 1 very good responce, you guys are missing the point.

thanks guys.

Last edited:
What a stupid thing to argue about... :eek: :rolleyes:

If you like your PC and it works for you, use it -- if he likes his Mac and it works for him, let him use it.... who gives a flying fuck which platform gets used as long as you get the desired results?????? :cool:

Just move on. Pissing matches between different-chipped computer systems are irrelevant.

Both will record music. Just leave it at that....

eh, to each his own really.

processing really isn't always about speed. it's about how intelligently the processor does tasks. and many critics say the 64 is pretty damn intelligent. I have a 64 and I love it. And now they've even come out with dual core 64s which is probably making Apple scared...because in many tests the single 64 beat the Mac.

here's the results of a simple test that was run of Mac vs. PC:
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,112749,pg,8,00.asp

you can find more complicated results around the net. I prefer PC. I know the OS well and it's associated programs. Other people like Macs better...like I said, to each his own.
But I also like an operating system that doesn't have new version updates every few months...I think Mac OS has "Bobcat" coming out next month!! ;)

just a little more info. we dont argue about which computer to use, and this isnt a problem. we use the mac g4. the 64 sits and does absolutley nothing.

zook250 said:
just a little more info. we dont argue about which computer to use, and this isnt a problem. we use the mac g4. the 64 sits and does absolutley nothing.
So use the 64 for yourself for other things - hell you can always set it up as a duplication workstation or video DAW ........ it's a dumb thing to be fretting over.........

bennychico11 said:
But I also like an operating system that doesn't have new version updates every few months...I think Mac OS has "Bobcat" coming out next month!! ;)

Hey, watch it! As any Mac user will tell you, it's not bobcat. The OS X lineage goes Jaguar, Panther, Tiger, Leopard, Lion, Cheetah, Kitty Kat and ends with Intel machines running Pussy.

Blue Bear Sound said:
What a stupid thing to argue about... :eek: :rolleyes:

If you like your PC and it works for you, use it -- if he likes his Mac and it works for him, let him use it.... who gives a flying fuck which platform gets used as long as you get the desired results?????? :cool:

indeed. just do you.

bennychico11 said:
eh, to each his own really.

processing really isn't always about speed. it's about how intelligently the processor does tasks. and many critics say the 64 is pretty damn intelligent. I have a 64 and I love it. And now they've even come out with dual core 64s which is probably making Apple scared...because in many tests the single 64 beat the Mac.

here's the results of a simple test that was run of Mac vs. PC:
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,112749,pg,8,00.asp

you can find more complicated results around the net. I prefer PC. I know the OS well and it's associated programs. Other people like Macs better...like I said, to each his own.

Dude, there is no such thing as a processor being more intelligent than another. IT IS ALL ABOUT SPEED. As all a processor does is basically mimic a turing machine.

plonkersaurus said:
Dude, there is no such thing as a processor being more intelligent than another. IT IS ALL ABOUT SPEED. As all a processor does is basically mimic a turing machine.
Wow, interesting response for your first post here. I actually had to Google that to make sure it wasn't a typo. Very interesting! I wonder why they never covered this in my college computer classes?

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/turing-machine/

plonkersaurus said:

BS.

Different architectures do different things better than others.

fraserhutch said:
BS.

Different architectures do different things better than others.

which is to do with speed.

there are 1 or 2 limitations to what i said as no computer has infinite memory like a turing machine has infinite tape.

plonkersaurus said:
haha, Im an imperial college london computing student!

Ok edit -- didnt mean to sound like an ass, just said it because of the stanford link.
LOL! I didn't attend Stanford. That was just the first thing that came up when I Googled "turing machine." I wish I had seen what you edited! :D

plonkersaurus said:
which is to do with speed.

there are 1 or 2 limitations to what i said as no computer has infinite memory like a turing machine has infinite tape.

Not necessarily true.

For example, the differences between RISC and CISC, to cite a trivial example.

fraserhutch said:
Not necessarily true.

For example, the differences between RISC and CISC, to cite a trivial example.
Alright, that does it. I'm gonna write a song called "Geek War" right now! :D

j/k

But I do wish I'd known the original topic question.

Back