Is Logic Pro X Enough?

Zisha

Hi all. this is my 1st post on this site, hope will enjoy you all.
I'm now looking to buy a Pro Tools copy. i have now Logic Pro X,. Do u think, Its good enough for a small Home Studio, For small recordings, Mixes?

I'm now looking to buy a Pro Tools copy. i have now Logic Pro X,. Do u think, Its good enough for a small Home Studio, For small recordings, Mixes?

Yes I think it's good enough for small projects as well as big projects. Many studios use Logic to compose and mix commercial recordings. No need to buy Pro Tools unless you like the Pro Tools workflow better or desire to be fluent in Pro Tools. Logic is just as good.

From my limited experience I haven't seen anything that Pro Tools does that logic can't. I agree with the above post. Most of the DAWs out will do everything your normal home recordist (is that a word) will do, it's really just about what works in the best way for you to understand and work efficiently.

I know protools is a great product, but having Protools is mostly self hype. There are countless software packages that can do what pro tools does, and you are not locked in to buying pro tools updates.

Alan.

I use Logic Express 9, before that I had Cubase 5LE and tried other LE daws I got with equipment. LE9 would be more of a mid-range package. GarageBand is more the low end, although GB'11 has gotten much better. I'd really not like to get into spending lots of money on ProTools--at this point, it's like buying a Les Paul for the name on the headstock.

Logic Pro X is definitely a good program. Its currently only 64 bit compatible so I will be sticking with logic 9 but from the videos I see it seems very decent. If you can not get good mixes with is it is most likely not the DAW's fault.

ProTools user here.
I say stick with what you know, if you have no reason to jump ship.
Logic Pro X is good enough for a small home studio; It's good enough for professional commercial mixes!
So is Protools and so are many others but really it should come down to price/compatibility/preference.

Back