Is it worth publishing?

d'Louais

Hi, I'm new in music recording, and publishing and stuff. Until recently I've played only because I love it, but few days ago I've decided to try to put it out there. So because I'm no pro, I came here to ask you if the music that I've done sounds like someone else would like it. Cause if not, it doesn't make sence, right? :)
https://dlouais.bandcamp.com/
Thanks ...

I think YES. The quality of your composition, arrangement and performance is ages away. Although I couldn't understand the concept you propose, there is a market for everywhere out there. I have heard of people that enjoy to eat crap. Some of them even will pay for that. Seriously. I think that your work would be a nice soundtrack for such events.

Good luck with your album!

:D

Eh... I'd probably work on it a bit. The recordings could stand to be higher-quality, and the compositions aren't particularly interesting. If any given song is only 90 seconds long, and it still gets repetitive in that time period, it's probably not a great song.

Yes, people use all kinds of quirky music like that in their YouTube videos.

I have had people use an acoustic guitar track of mine in their videos that is just one progression over and over again.

You might try signing up for Rumblefish YouTube sync collection through CD baby.

Its more difficult through traditional publishers for DIY music, but try some micro-stock music sites.

Hey what about all those sounds I throw away every day and never think to save...like starting the car or clattering dishes together. Gotta be someone out there to buy those, eh?

fat_fleet, exactly yes people buy all kinds of sounds and weird music on micro stock sites like audiomicro for instance. Of course that is nothing like traditional publishing and is royalty free, but I have made the easiest money doing things like that, as compared to the traditional music business.

fat_fleet, exactly yes people buy all kinds of sounds and weird music on micro stock sites like audiomicro for instance. Of course that is nothing like traditional publishing and is royalty free, but I have made the easiest money doing things like that, as compared to the traditional music business.

What's the most you've ever paid?

Back