Is it worth it?

Wack

Hey guys, I've been recording for some time now on my tascam digital portastudio. I've recently moved into my own apartment so recording drums or band practice always involves getting permission of a friends parents. So what I'm thinking is take the offer for 400$. Raise another hundred and get an aloes electric drumset, allowing me to practice and record anytime. I was thinking I would get reaper or adobe and just start using the computer to track. My studio will no longer be portable, but I've got much work to do with such small oppurtunity. Let me know what you guys think. If ridding of my baby, my life basicly is worth having a drumset I can record or practice on anytime. By the way I'm a bassist and solo musician, I wouldent be playing it, my drummer and other drums would for my projects. Thanks guys.

Do you mean Alesis? A drummer who has used such might be able to recommend how they play and sound. I can't imagine electronic cymbals playing like real ones (even drummers using all electronic pads use real cymbals).

You did a good thread on this subject earlier this year and it doesn't seem to have helped you much........The only way you'll ever really know is to just take the plunge and do it. If you don't like it, you can always switch back. Convenience isn't always convenient.

Back