is it worth it?

xrap03

i've been having a hard time trying to decide which soundcard i should get. i don't need much, just need to be able to record 1 maybe 2 tracks at a time. i'm recording with soundblaster extigy, acid 4.0 and a b-1 berhinger mic but am planning to upgrade to cubase se and maybe a AT3035 for recording rap and r-n-b vocals. but first i want to get a soundcard to get me started. i was looking into the ap2496 and the ap192. heard both are great. i was really considering to go with the ap2496 cause of the price. but then i read about the ap192 and i'm stuck. i've also considered emu 1212m. but is it worth the extra money to go with recording capabilities of 192kHz? i just want to make good enough LPs and EPs and to be possibly on the radio. i want to be able to purchase a soundcard soon as possible so i would love any opinions. acutally, i have 250 bucks and the 2496 and cubase se are 100 bucks each one, should i go with that and add the extra 50 towards savings or buy the microphone, 1212m or the 192 first or what would you think would be better? thanks for your help

recording at 192 will only capture the crappyness of that b-1 better :D :p What kind of preamp will you be using. I think the 24/96 will be ok.

Back