Is it worth having a pair?

Bass Master "K"

Our local GC's are blowing out their Oktava MK319's for $99.99

They "supposedly" retail for $600, I saw them on musicians friend for $300.

I bought one...figured it never hurts to have another condenser in the collection, but at that price I'm almost wondering if it wouldn't be nice to have a pair of them.

Any opinions?

Sorry for such little info, it was late last night when I posted.

I currently have:
2 SP C-1's
3 Shure SM57's
2 Shure SM58's
AT 25

Now I have the MK319.

My dilemma is that this sale came during one of the busiest times for me and I literally don't have any time to test drive these mic's before the sale ends. I'm not sure if it would be worth having a pair for room mics and the such. I really like my C-1's and so far I use them for room mic's but after reading lots of posts I know that it is nice to have many selections or flavors of condensers. The thing is, if they don't make good room mic's I'd just as soon only have one as an alternative to the C-1 if someone's voice (or instrument) calls for something different. $100 seems like a good deal.

Any advice is appreciated. I know there are lots here who have had experience with these mics.

My 2 cents

Keep the one 319 for some "flavor". You already have a nice set LCDs so save up and get youself a pair of MXL 603 cartiod($130) or ECM8000 omni ($80) small condenser mics for the about the same price.

Back