Is It Safe To Purchase Products @ Ebay?

geeq

Hello! I plan to purchase a keyboard @ ebay.com, since keyboards there are very cheap. is it safe to purchase materials @ ebay? Anyone have experience buying equipments @ ebay? How was the transaction? Was it fast? Did you receive it in good condition?

wow, how do u intend to buy from ebay? you want to have it shipped all the way to the Philippines?

I have friends who bought keyboards and sampler while they were in US. I myself bought some stuff from ebay through my brother who is in US as well.

You'll can likely be assured of a smooth and fast transactions from sellers who has loads of good feedback. :)

yes, just make sure you look at the seller's feedback. If they don't have good feedback or none at all, then don't bother buying from them.

As for me, I bought a computer (barebones system) on ebay and it arrived great.

My friend bought a sound module from ebay and he also recieved it in great condition.

The time it takes to recieve your product will depend on the seller.

I've had good times on eBay and slow times.
But all the items as decribed and well worth their cheaper price.

Deffinately check out the feedback.

If it's a small item $10-$20
I will chance a buy if the seller has NO feedback.

$100 and up, either TONS, and I mean TONS of feedback as a good buyer. Or as long as they have around 20+ feedback as a seller.

Some people do get rough periods in their time and get a few negatives. Check how their more recent feedback is. And sometimes those negative feedback are pathetic lame things.

Also, since you've NEVER used eBay (a givin' by your question) Some sellers may reject your bid if you're bidding on a $300+ keyboard and have 0 feedback.

The worst I've ever had happen on eBay was like a month and a half - two month wait for an item. But it was a rare item I couldn't find in that time anywhere else anyway. So, I'm pissed that it took that long. But I got it and not many people do.

two thumbs up for eBay!
Just make sure you read everything carefully in the auction's listing, try and see pictures of the ACTUAL item up for sale. If you have ANY questions, no matter how stupid it may seem, ask!

And try to avoid item auctions with "no return" policies. Those are very sketchy.

Where to start?!

Ebay is both good and bad. I've had great sellers that make the transactions awesome. There are some people who have had horrible experiences: from the wrong item being shipped (happened to me once, but the seller was cool), items broken during shipping (happened to me 1, but the seller was cool), refurbished items that didn't work (Seller was cool and item was a factory refurb so it had a warranty- they sent me a replacement that was the next model up!) to being RIPPED OFF.

On any item greater than $500, I would look into iEscrow, or some other online escrow service. This way you don't have to pay all that money upfront and get nothing in return. (although some sellers don't want to be bothered with an escrow service. My advice? If they can't understand my need to worry, they WILL NOT get my money. E-mail them first before bidding!)

Items under $100 I would do with money order. What's nice is that if I use a Postal money order in the US, if they fail to send me my goods its MAIL FRAUD! (A felony) and The Postal service is good about busting heads on that one.

PayPal is good and bad; mostly bad. My account information was stolen from PayPal, and I had $80 penis pills sent to me (hAHAHAHAHHA! The online company was very understanding and refunded me the money. I mean, Idon't need any help in that area!) If you have problems with paypal, chances are they won't help you.

A good recommendation is to use PayPal with a credit card- that way you get the fraud protection of your credit card and don't have to mess around with those paypal jerks (paypal is owned by E-bay these days).

If you do a search on the net you will find TONS of horror stories about E-bay. I've bought like 40-50 things off E-bay and hadn't had any problems. Its all about finding reputable sellers.

geeq said:
Hello! I plan to purchase a keyboard @ ebay.com, since keyboards there are very cheap. is it safe to purchase materials @ ebay?

Pretty much, yes. There is some pages on eBay about safe trading, with some hints on what to look for.

Anyone have experience buying equipments @ ebay? How was the transaction? Was it fast?

Depends. European people tend NOT to take PayPal, so you need to make an international money transfer. That is slow. I would recommend you to only trade with people who sue PayPal, you then also get some extra protection through that.

Did you receive it in good condition?

All times except the last one, where sloppy packing ment that the pitch bend on the keyboard I bought was broken. I'm still looking into how much it will cost to repair and try to get the shipper to pay for it, since it's his fault.

geeq said:
Hello! I plan to purchase a keyboard @ ebay.com, since keyboards there are very cheap. is it safe to purchase materials @ ebay? Anyone have experience buying equipments @ ebay? How was the transaction? Was it fast? Did you receive it in good condition?

I have been buying and selling on ebay for many, many years, probably very close to the beginning.

In close to 20K worth of purchases, and about 1/2 that in sales, I've only been screwed twice.

One guy mailed me a rock. But since he sent it via the post office the Minnesota PostMaster encouraged him to send me my money back, which he did.

Another guy (who bought something from me) claimed he didn't get it, even though I had a signature that he did. Never heard from him again, coincidentally.

Anyway, I've been satisfied with e-bay overall. Its a matter of knowing the item you want, and looking carefully at the pictures to verify its in the condition you are willing to pay for.

I never bid if the pictures are missing, blurry, or otherwise unclear. I never bid if the description is obviously over-inflated BS or excessively silly ("This silky keyboard will stroke your music with magestic tone and erotic charactor"). That stuff annoys me. I also never buy things from people who refuse to accept paypal or american express.

Of course I violate all my rules if the auction for music gear closes in 30 seconds and the current bid if $1 :D

Back