is it possible to run logic and protools on the same computer?

freakkguitarist

the lack of beatdetective is killing me, im thinking about getting a mboxmini and the protoolkit just for editing drums. but the thing is im already so used to logic and dont really want to relearn a programs ins and outs...also i do alot of midi stuff and i prefer logic. so im wondoring, can protools and logic reside together on the same harddrive and not cause a conflict ? also would i have to plug and unplug my motu every time i wanted to use protools or is there a way i could leave them both plugged in, and just choose which program uses which interface...

ian

You can leave both interfaces connected to the computer at the same time, Protools will automatically search for a Protools compatible interface and wont care about the MOTU, but in the case of Logic, youll probably will have to specify in the preferences which one youll be using in this case the MOTU for logic. There is no problem if you have both programs in the same hard drive, you could even install Cubase or anyother software and still there wont be any problem. Just be sure that as bennychico11 said, dont have both programs opened at the same time, it may cause conflicts.

Hey I just came across the same problem and have been searching forums for answers.
I too want to run Logic and Pro Tools (not simultaneously)
But how can I connect my Mbox and my Presonus firewire studio
when they both run on firewire and only 1 firewire port.
Thanks

Back