Is it any better now?

sikter

Hello,
I've posted this 80ish ballad a couple weeks ago. I've got some comments regarding bad (fake) drums, noisy clean guitar and low vocals. I retracked clean guitar, remixed drums and increased compressor ratio on vocals.
It's called "Mine tanker" (on the top of my soundclick page)

SoundClick artist: The Polar Circle - The Polar Circle

Please tell me is it any better now?

sikter

Wow that youtube video audio quality on Revolution is pretty lousy....I'll be glad when they buy some more DASD so they can stop down-converting the audio....(totally not your fault sikter).....
Anyway, loved the "Mine Tanker" mix, the big 80's guitars sound but the mix still sounds current. The snare might be a little loud...but the rest sounds fabulous....!!!!!!

It does begin with an 80's feel - but the 80's was the time of the BIG BALLAD after all.
You've addressed the previously raised concerns well. The track is quite loud though.
I enjoyed the lead tone.

There's some serious clipping going on in the second half of the tune. The bass sounds a little muddy but it's certainly not the worst I've heard. There's more work to be done unfortunately. Overall it needs clarity and some depth. Just my two cents worth. The tune itself sounded alright though.

Wow that youtube video audio quality on Revolution is pretty lousy....I'll be glad when they buy some more DASD so they can stop down-converting the audio....(totally not your fault sikter).....
Anyway, loved the "Mine Tanker" mix, the big 80's guitars sound but the mix still sounds current. The snare might be a little loud...but the rest sounds fabulous....!!!!!!
Hello Gerry,
It is my fault actually because I used my preliminary audio version in video. I always make some quick version of the song using even mp3-compressed collab vocals and so on. I do retracking after a while and then mix it the best way I can. BUT this time I didn't.
Anyway have you seen video in HD? Audio should be better than on that 360p version.
(I guess you watched it directly from my soundclick page and there is not possibility for HD there.)
Here is a YouTube-link where you can watch it in HD:
YouTube - Chaîne de ThePOLARCIRCLE

Thank you for your comments. The snare is too loud and I'll turn it down for 1-2 db
I am not finished with recording yet. My keyboardist plays hammond with leslie and I'll have this track on chorus.
This is how we play live and we'll try to keep it on the DEMO as well.

I never use that amount of reverb/delay live. I start solo with a little reverb from my amp and on the second part I step on the delay pedal which is not overdriven. It would be hard to play it live like I did in the studio.
Not easy to play and hard to cut through the mix.

P.S.
I forget to tell you that I love your song "Overtime".
It was something I wish I wrote myself because the whole song was ME.
I need to talk with you about recording/mixing of that particular one. I'll be in touch
sikter

It does begin with an 80's feel - but the 80's was the time of the BIG BALLAD after all.
You've addressed the previously raised concerns well. The track is quite loud though.
I enjoyed the lead tone.

Hello Ray,
The track volume is actually higher than it should be. It should be low on intro and loud on chorus but differance is bare noticable now.
I have to check the original when I get home. Hm
Thank you for listening!
sikter

There's some serious clipping going on in the second half of the tune. The bass sounds a little muddy but it's certainly not the worst I've heard. There's more work to be done unfortunately. Overall it needs clarity and some depth. Just my two cents worth. The tune itself sounded alright though.

Hello laz777
Nice to meet you!
I agree with you and I'll check it up.
Thank you for your help!
sikter

Back