IS Hip-Hop going soft------ware????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya'll are trippin!!

On the subject and away from the bulls$*t....Czar, just because other people have access to the same sounds I have doesn't mean I have to change them. If thats what I want to do then I can. It has more to do with how u use your sounds than what sounds you have.

I never take advice from people at Guitar Center, because half the time the sales person doesn't know what they are talking about. But why avoid a preset if you like how it sounds? Bottomline, there are no limmitations, and to be on some next level music, it is best to explore all possibilities available(presets and all).

Oh yea... Your statement about a person with a PC being a fool for using an MPC.....This statement sounds foolish to me. A lot of heads are makings jems w/ the MPC(platinum and underground)and just cause you choose not to doesn't make them fools.

Last edited:
ACTUALLY SJOKO THEY ARE VERY DANGEROUS. manson,bundy,zodiac,kelly......you should leave lunatics alone.....you may come home and find your dog licking the warm blood of your girlfriend who was just murdered by a lunatic. dont play with fire. you get burned......

eclips if YOU want to make recordings where others can say "oh i have heard that sound" or "oh i have that sound on my keyboard" MORE POWER TO YOU!!!!! go right ahead. me i dont use the preset sounds. i have to tweek them some way. maybe go in and adjust a layer or play with the filters. i like to experiment with it. change the reso,attack and decay on a sound. thats just ME. if you are LAZY or LACK creativity thats not my problem. if its your PREFERENCE to use pre sets GREAT!!!!!!

with the guitar center statement i was referring to a message they played while they had me on hold. i have yet to go to a guitar center where customer service was enjoyable. however im NOT the only person who says to TWEAK the presets instead of taking them as is. many pros in many books electronic muscian,MIX and gig have said the same thing regarding presets. you said this and i quote you:

Bottomline, there are no limmitations, and to be on some next level music, it is best to explore all possibilities available(presets and all).

so why limit yourself to presets? why not take the presets and shape them into something new? why not explore all the possiblities of the preset by changing up a few things here and there? that statement doesnt make sense. take a preset and TWEAK it. thats what im saying. if not start with a wave form and make your own sound. or experiment. sample a bird chirping and mix that in with a tire screeching. slow the pitch on one and run the other lo fi. carry a tape rec where ever you go so you can get something to use.

how can you be creative if your just taking the preset sounds as is? if you like how a pre set sounds GREAT! however dont you ask yourself this question? can i make it sound better? can i experiment and bring something else out of this preset? what will happen if i adjust this layer and pan it to the left,change this layer to something else and change the filter type and wave form type? do YOU ask yourself these things when you here presets? or do you fall in love with it and neglect creativity?

regarding the mpc statement that was MY opinion as i said it was. now lets talk studio use. what can you do with an MPC that you CANT do with a pc in the studio? which has MORE flexibility and expansion? which one is better specs? my opinion may be foolish to you. just like using an mpc when you have a pc or mac is foolish. THATS MY OPINION. when i made that statement i showed the mpc compared to other things like keyboards and sequencers. so let me ask you a question.

if someone had a pc and they wanted to make music would you tell them to get an mpc? or would you tell them to get a soft sequencer and keyboard workstation? or get a sound module and midi controller? which can the person do more with?

im out

czar

ps thanx 4 sharing your views. i appreciate it.

Dangerous? On the internet? To paraphrase Monthy Python:
"What are you gonna do? Mail on me?"
Phooey!

Nah, now you got boring.

*plonk* <- The sound a newbie makes when he hits the bottom of a kill file.

How the HELL somebody gonna say that fruity loops is better than an MPC. I mean do you smoke crack? How could you even compare fruity loops to an MPC. YOu don't see it used on not 1 hit record, but the mpc is prevelant in about 80% of the songs on the charts and the radio. You gotta be careful who you get advice from on the internet yo. I'm sayin' half the people on this site just praise shit cause they use it and they can't admit that it sucks. They ain't never been in a real studio and they just don't know the difference. On tha real, I record on a PC but I admit that it sucks. Macs are Ok, but PC recording sucks, it's just all I can afford right now. A PC wasn't designed to be a DAW, if you get good equipment made specifically for music, it will sound way better. I'm going to tell you the most important lesson to be learned in the world of audio recording- YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, and recording professional quality music is expensive.

Last edited:
regebro STAY OFF MY DICK YOU GERM!!!! why the fukk r u on mine? i didnt say shit to you so leave me alone .....faggots always have something to say.

hey atomic i never said that fruity loops was better. lol. i been to many REAL studios. thats why im not mixing and mastering at my spot. my pc never crashed on me. however it is expensive. i had my pc made from the ground up. i dont clog it with a lot of programs
95% used for music and 5% for other stuff. however just because you spend big money does NOT mean you will have a good recording. it just means you spend big money. you can have big money and big equipment with a 2 dollar sound.

later

czar

ps can anyone answer my question about what they would recommend?

Prayer of the day:
Dear Lord, please relieve us from people who ask questions, but know everything already, better than anyone else
Amen

and relieve us of faggots lord. remove the egotistical and those who THINK they are masters of recording but NEVER sold one copy.

sjoko i have done stuff with people who have sold UNITS. i have done stuff for people on mercury. have YOU done anything that can be purchased at a major music store?

lol

czar

No Mr. Czar Sir, I have never made a single record that anyone has bought anywhere, I have never even recorded anything remotely interesting, I just have a little 3 x 4 cupboard at home with a 4 track reel to reel where I record myself singing, playing a ukelele :p

He he Ukelele, isnt that a parlour instrument?

Groups like Autechre, Mouse on Mars, Kid 606 and many others use software to make their music. I beleive Richard D. James(aphex twin) has dabbled on his power book a bit as well. These are talented artists that Imho blow away the mindless drivel thats on the charts.
The reason people use software is because some are unique and do things that defines cutting edge. Check out reaktor, tassman, max/msp, metasynth, gigastudio, or absynth and see what you can do.

Tiny Tim, my hero, played a uke on tiptoe through the tulips, one of the great masterpieces of the '60's (no samplers involved - hard or software) <--- please note

There are a lot of interesting outlooks and arguements in this thread. :D

I think I am going to jump into the middle of this...

I'm going to post in this thread when I get back from the studio and the club.

I hope I won't be too inembriated. :D

spin

I forgot to tell you Czar -- I have a PAGER!!

Just shows you how popular my ukelele playing is, I musy be the only uke player with a pager

i love how people dance around questions. i just wanted to know if you had anything that can be found in a store OR ordered from a store OR ordered online. hey if you wanna play the ukelele and use the pager beeps for a melody go right ahead. however in MY opinion people who are asked questions and gi......naw forget it. waste of space.........forget it. you know what sjoko. im going to ask you this and im asking you this man to man. do you have some type of problem with me? i mean you jumped all in my business in another thread and you didnt know what you were talking about. now im going to try to end this confrontation. however i must say you DO talk a lot of shit but im trying to end this. we can do this one of 2 ways. 1.we can ignore each other and not result to low blows OR we can MEET and whatever happens happens. im in cali. you are also. its not that serious but i would like to see if you would talk shit in person...... im always willing to travel. like i said im trying to end this. your call bro

czar

ps im serious bro we need to end this.......

OK - lets have a good talk, without the bullshit. The reason I'm reacting to you is because of your attitude, that's all. You asked questions, people responded (another thread), and you reacted in an arrogant know-it-all and abusive manner. This towards people who do know their stuff, who could have helped you by answering your questions.
To react like that towards people you don't know, people who's skills you don't know, is downright stupid. Don't forget one thing, some people here know a lot about recording, and are here to help, that's all. The least you could do is appreciate that, as nobody here is obliged to offer any help at all.

If you want to know who I am, well, there are some people here who do know who I am, most of them do not. I am not an egomaniac, I don't need people to know who I am, that is why I use a pseudonym. Suffice to say that records I have been involved with over the last 30 years, as either a musician, writer, arranger, engineer, producer, are moving towards the end of 8 figures. Is that enough in a store for you?

In there the lesson - don't be arrogant or abusive towards people you don't know, all you do is cut your nose off despite your face. Had you been just normal in your questions and answers - like you said, you're in California - perhaps I could have done your transfers for you, properly, as I have all the equipment needed right here.
Finally, your last statement explains exactly who and what you are. "Or we can MEET and whatever happens happens". I know what would happen, but how incredibly stupid can you be to threaten someone you don't know?
You came to this website voluntarily, with questions, presumably wanting to learn something. If you do - treat this resource and the people involved with a little respect and decency. No skin of my back - but if you do you might learn something.

He he...Uke....Messing with a man with a uke is like picking a fight with a boy named sue...not a winning proposition, or a wise thing to do.

ok skoko i feel you and let me remind you that i DID apologize to regebro for saying his POST was filled with idiocy. however your the one who claimed i called him an idiot which was not the case. in my opinion regebro did NOT help me because i stated in my FIRST POST that i knew about mixing to the reel. i stated that i did NOT want to do this and that i wanted SMPTE techniques. anything other than that was a waste of my time because it wasnt what i asked 4. those who have helped me have received TRUE thanks. those who pop up and say crazy stuff WITHOUT reading the post get upset when i point things out.

as far as your credits are concerned thats enough for me. good job keep doing what your doing. im only 23 years old so i hope that i can achieve that longevity. i dont believe in one hit wonders who are here today gone tommorow. you been around for 30 years. thats wisdom,experience and it shows your not green behind the ears.

now lets skip to something.

Finally, your last statement explains exactly who and what you are.

??????? so who and what am i??????

I know what would happen, but how incredibly stupid can you be to threaten someone you don't know?

????? threats???? ROFL!!!!!!!! was any act of TOUCHING or VIOLENCE or any act BESIDES the "meeting" even mentioned??????? im a reasonible man. i could have gave you a bottle of blue label, or gave you a sample of my work, or gave you some free programs. i could have gotten to know YOU and picked up the game from you in person. see you shouldnt be paranoid and always thinking the worse. i gave you 2 options. to meet me here. or meet in cali. i said NOTHING of violence or altercations that would lead to death,assualt,battery or land someone in prison. so if thats what YOU thought then maybe you were guilty and you live in FEAR. well i DONT live in fear. if we did meet and you talked shit guess what???? you would be the egomaniac that i perceived you to be and it doesnt mean i want to kill you or hurt you. if we did meet and you didnt talk shit that would mean that you are either 1. A COWARD or 2. A GOOD PERSON who is trying to settle differences. so dont go reading into stuff to far.

I came to this website voluntarily, with questions, presumably wanting to learn something. however when someone tells me something to do that i already said i DONT want to do we have conflict. once again in my FIRST POST i said i didnt want to mix on a daw. who comes in telling me to mix on a daw? i said i wanted to multitrack on the reel and NOT mix to the reel. who comes in and tells me to mix to reel? so im NOT supposed to be upset???????

people who respect me get respect. YOU stuck YOUR nose in it without knowing me or the situation. so what your telling me should apply to yourself. you are the one who made a post insulting ME and i dont know why you did that. you just butted in and start defending regebro and trying to slam me. regebro is a man(possibly) if he cant stand on his own two feet and express himself when someone makes a comment why should you stand up for him? you also accused me of saying things I DID NOT SAY!
so im supposed to be respectful when all this is going on? when im being disrespected and accused? im supposed to be respectful when someone is telling me to do something i dont want???

YOU have claimed to have 30 years of experience. surely YOU could have used better judgement to diffuse a potential conflict instead of starting one with ME like YOU did. YOU could have used YOUR EXPERIENCE to put ME in check if that was needed. however YOU did the EXACT same thing YOU accuse me of........

NOT ONLY IS HIP HOP GOING SOFT. SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE ARE GOING SOFT. SOME OF THEM WERE BORN SOFT. IF THE SHOE FITS WEAR IT.

czar

ps reaktor gets 2 thumbs up in my opinion. reason is demanding. i have 376mb of ram and sometimes it peaks. upgrade upgrade upgrade upgrade upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back