Is anyone using an MMP-2 mic modeler

wfaraoni

ear art's not a science
I was wondering, Is anyone else using the Roland MMP-2 mic modeler. I was looking to try some patches for an acoustic guitar from someone who actually has ears:D I find it difficult to equalize using the interface and could use some tricks if youve got any.

Peace
Bill

I want to know this too--has anybody used/tried this preamp? I want a couple of opinions. I just (yesterday) received their demo CD with the preamp modelling, which sounded Ok, I guess...

As just a preamp how would it rate against my Seasound Soloist Pre's?

And are the FX any good?

I cant believe that they are selling this NEW on ebay for $200 Now!!! Even if you used it as a preamp only its worth much more than that.
While its still $500 even at the online stores. Grab one You will just be amazed what it can do!!
Besides I could use someone to share patches and tricks with :) . There are others on this board using it, because Ive heard them recommend it. And some of them put out pretty good recordings. Better than mine for sure. I cant tell you anything about seasound pre-s. But I can tell you that this is a whole lot better than using my yamaha emx 5000 mixer or my tascam 640 as a pre-amp. I especially like using the mmp feature as an analog/digital converter. This is super clean input when using the digital out!

BTW I put up a small sample clip of what I did with this when I "first" got it and before I was able to use it very well. It takes a bit to get used to because its gives you so much power to alter for the better Or worse all your mic'd sounds. theres 2 here under mmp sample 8 samples and raw acoustic mmp.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1644&alid=-1

Back