Is A Mixer Neccessary?

distilled

I frequently go into the studio at my college, and honaestly, i really dont like mixing down on the mixer. I much prefer to eq/add effects etc in cubase.
Can you connect monitors to the oc fr an effective mixdown?

i'm sorry, but bu the end of that post i thoik your singngmpl wz z z z brkkkkkkkn up upup up upu uppupppupupup.........

I think....Yes?

You would just have the Main outs go to your monitor and make sure you send all your channels to that bus.

yeh, really dont understand that.

I'm totally new to settnig my own shit up, and i dont exactly have the hugest budget, but i need some decent monitors.

I could have phrased it better.
But basically, is the only way to have an effective mixdown through the mixer?

Or Can You Buy Monitors straight for the pc, and not use a mixing desk at all?

I only want a maximum of one to three microphones at a time.

Back up a sec bud. Explain with a little more detail like: "I'm recording in cubase, using mics through a mixer, using the main outs to go straight into my Audiophile interface, and I want to eliminate the mixer! How do I do that?" that's an understandable question...it's not what I think your question is, but I think we could help you if you explained more...

Jacob

hhaa, yeh I guess i'm a little ahead of myself.

Ok, basically, As Of Yet I havnt done any home recording, but will be doing in the new year, I want to be able to produce an effective mixdown, without an actual mixer, basically all in cubase. But I was told that you needed the mixer to have the monitors, is that true? I Guess I really Want to know, Can I connect monitors straight to my PC through a sound card, or any way really?

MY Bad For Phrasing really badly :(

distilled said:
Can I connect monitors straight to my PC through a sound card?

Yes. The soundcard's stereo line out jack can be cabled directly to the line input of an amplifier that's driving speakers, or to self powered monitors.

Tim

Not only will your computer's soundcard have a line out, but most other interfaces will have a line out you can use as well. My system is set up uses a pair of M Audio Delta 1010 (8 TRS ins AND outs) a Beri Headphone amp and powered Monitors...I route the stereo mix down from Cubase through the outs of my Delta 1010's (1 and 2=Left and right) into the main ins of my headphone amp. That way I get the monitor signal out to my headphones. Then from the headphone amp I use the main outs to go to the powered Monitors. Basically the headphone amp splits the main signal from the delta 1010 to the Main outs and the headphone channels. That's my solution for my version of your problem.

Jacob

Shielded monitors?

Edit:
Just Re Read your post jkokura, I understand now, thanks a lot :)
I just Need a headphone amp now.

Last edited:
Back