is a lad a work talking crap

axeman_ukl

a lad at work says he has a Slash signature guitar made by Fender its black with a claw shape on the head stock and he paid £2500 for it.

now is this ledgit or has he been ripped off or is he talking crap:confused:

thanking any guitar expert in advance

I've only ever seen him play a LP although I'm aware he played something with a whammy bar in the early days (like on "G n R Lies" side A). I dont' doubt that it was a B.C. Rich.

I think he has a signature Epiphone, a signature LP or two, a signature CryBaby, and a signature Marshall amp. I honestly can't imagine that Fender would have any hands in endorsing such a hardcore Gibson player.

Of course I've totally lost touch with his stuff lately and I don't watch Mtv so for all I know he's a big Fender head now. Playin a Tele through a Hot Rod Deluxe I bet :)

I've only ever seen him play a LP although I'm aware he played something with a whammy bar in the early days (like on "G n R Lies" side A). I dont' doubt that it was a B.C. Rich.

I think he has a signature Epiphone, a signature LP or two, a signature CryBaby, and a signature Marshall amp. I honestly can't imagine that Fender would have any hands in endorsing such a hardcore Gibson player.

Of course I've totally lost touch with his stuff lately and I don't watch Mtv so for all I know he's a big Fender head now. Playin a Tele through a Hot Rod Deluxe I bet :)

Does he use a double necked Guild live?

Check this link- it pretty much covers it-

http://www.snakepit.org/equip.html

There are Slash signature guitars by Gibson, Epiphone, and B.C. Rich. He does, indeed, at times, play a custom Guild double-neck. He owns more Les Pauls than Les Paul, and plays slide on a Travis Bean. The kid may have gotten Slash to sign a strat, and Slash does own one, but it appears to be used on recordings only. There is no evidence that Fender has ever built a Slash signature production guitar, or has any plans to.-Richie

Check this link- it pretty much covers it-

http://www.snakepit.org/equip.html

There are Slash signature guitars by Gibson, Epiphone, and B.C. Rich. He does, indeed, at times, play a custom Guild double-neck. He owns more Les Pauls than Les Paul, and plays slide on a Travis Bean. The kid may have gotten Slash to sign a strat, and Slash does own one, but it appears to be used on recordings only. There is no evidence that Fender has ever built a Slash signature production guitar, or has any plans to.-Richie

Good link. Real shame about the lost guitars due to drug addiction. Glad that Slash did not become another rock statistic.

Good link. Real shame about the lost guitars due to drug addiction. Glad that Slash did not become another rock statistic.

Just read his autobiography (Christmas present from someone), pretty crazy stuff - he nearly became a statistic a fair few times, he actually has a defibrillator implanted in his heart now which forced him to permanently kick drugs and booze. Also, he never owned an LP untill well after the first GNR album was recorded and made it big. Can't remember the name of the look alike he used for that album but he said it kicked ass. Also, it was a BC Rich he also used - said it was a crap guitar though!

Back