iPad App for Lyric/Chord Sheets

dachay2tnr

One Hit Wonder
Sorry for posting an actual music related question here, lol. šŸ¤“

Anybody using an iPad in lieu of a 3-ring binder for your lyrics/chord sheets? If so, what app do you use?

I just picked up a ā€œpage turnerā€ pedal and now thinking of switching from a binder to my tablet. The pedal works with Appleā€™s Pages, but I donā€™t find Pages the easiest program to work with, and pretty sure the pedal will work with most apps. Also, I currently have all my files in MS Word. So an app that can import Word files would be great.

Thanks for any suggestions. Free would be great, but also willing to pay for the right program.

Sorry for posting an actual music related question here, lol. šŸ¤“

Anybody using an iPad in lieu of a 3-ring binder for your lyrics/chord sheets? If so, what app do you use?

I just picked up a ā€œpage turnerā€ pedal and now thinking of switching from a binder to my tablet. The pedal works with Appleā€™s Pages, but I donā€™t find Pages the easiest program to work with, and pretty sure the pedal will work with most apps. Also, I currently have all my files in MS Word. So an app that can import Word files would be great.

Thanks for any suggestions. Free would be great, but also willing to pay for the right program.
Hey Iā€™m using OnSong instead of the old binder method. No problem making set lists, editing, adding notes, transposing keys, etc. also has chords for all sorts of instruments which can be handy. Canā€™t remember cost but not free.

Hey Iā€™m using OnSong instead of the old binder method. No problem making set lists, editing, adding notes, transposing keys, etc. also has chords for all sorts of instruments which can be handy. Canā€™t remember cost but not free.
Thx. Can I import files to it? What formats does it accept?

Looks like itā€™s $24 a year subscription. ā˜¹ļø I hate subscriptions, although $2/month isnā€™t horrible. Rather just buy it outright though.

Thx. Can I import files to it? What formats does it accept?

Looks like itā€™s $24 a year subscription. ā˜¹ļø I hate subscriptions, although $2/month isnā€™t horrible. Rather just buy it outright though.
Yah it does import files but Iā€™m not sure how ms word will be. Why not attach a typical file and Iā€™ll import it to my OnSong to see how it works out
Yah I got in there before the subscription thing so no monthly for me

You could use paper and pen and save a lot of money. You have stop and think, what would Jesus do?

Yah it does import files but Iā€™m not sure how ms word will be. Why not attach a typical file and Iā€™ll import it to my OnSong to see how it works out
OK, give me a day or so. I think Word can also save as a PDF. If so, I'll give you both native Word and PDF to try. Thx.

Another option is Bandhelper.

I downloaded a trial version of SongSheet. I picked it because it seems to be one of the few that has the ability for a one-time purchase rather than a subscription. I was able to import a pdf without any issues, but it won't take Word files. Not a major issue, since I can export pdf's from within the MS Word software. Just means a little extra work on my part. :(

But thank you for the kind offer. I have imported 10-12 files into SongSheet so far. I'll try them out this Friday when my band shows up to see how things work, but so far it seems to be what I needed. I also realized I have several songs that I have printed sheets for, but no corresponding computer files. Ugh. Guess I'll be recreating some of those. One step forward, two back.

I use Notes app more frequently for original lyrics now but sometimes itā€™s nice to jot them on paper, but I think your context live performance, correct?

Singer buddy of mine has a screen inside a floor monitor shell that pulls up lyrics he can organize and flip through by song. I think it was over a grand but itā€™s not heavy like a floor monitor (no speaker and lightweight shell, big, clear screen. Heā€™s lead vox/frontman in a cover band called The Silverbirds and itā€™s a pretty cool device.

Last edited:
I downloaded a trial version of SongSheet. I picked it because it seems to be one of the few that has the ability for a one-time purchase rather than a subscription. I was able to import a pdf without any issues, but it won't take Word files. Not a major issue, since I can export pdf's from within the MS Word software. Just means a little extra work on my part. :(

But thank you for the kind offer. I have imported 10-12 files into SongSheet so far. I'll try them out this Friday when my band shows up to see how things work, but so far it seems to be what I needed. I also realized I have several songs that I have printed sheets for, but no corresponding computer files. Ugh. Guess I'll be recreating some of those. One step forward, two back.
Hey that sounds like it will be good for ya. Iā€™m gonna check it out too
Cheers

Back