IomegaZip 250 and FD-4

DS

I just bought a 250-zip drive.Hooked it up,but my FD-4 doesn't turn on.I can hear the FD-4 clicking but the main window doesn't light up.All the wires are connected corectly and the light on the 250 is on.I then went back and hooked up my 100-zip and everything works fine.Has anyone else had this problem?Any ideas what could be wrong?Also, are the ORB drives that you've mentioned in previous reply's expensive?Where can I buy one?

DS, Go to the post of 4-20-00 in this forum. You might have the same problem "Groove" had. I, too, bought the wrong kind of drive first- then discovered my mistake. Hope this helps.

Thanks kmar.I didn't realize there was a difference between the two.Do you know anything about the ORB Drive the others mentioned?The name of it,where to get one,how much they cost.

DS, I've got no experience with the ORB drives. Since the ZIP works for me, I haven't pursued it. C Ya- kmar

DS, I've been using an external SCSI Orb Drive now for more than a month with my FD-4. I have been extremely pleased with its performance. It allows the user to record in any of the three modes available on the FD-4 and it gives a person over 1 and 1/2 hours of four track recording in the highest fidelity mode. The unit cost about the same as a Zip drive, but you will need to get a extra cable or a cable adaptor to go from the mini 50 pin of the Orb to the 25 pin connector on the Fostex. The Orb cost @ $220 and cable shouldn't cost more than $20. The Orb comes with one 2.2 gigabyte disk and additional disks are $40 or less. They equal close to ten 250 megabyte Zip disk which cost @ $15 a piece. Do the math and decide which one you want. You can get them at buy.com or CompUSA.

Peace, Jim

Back