io2 express sound card will be used as audio cassette recorder to mp3 or to cd?

Gemini66

I am in the mid process of learning recording and still need to learn lot of things about it. I have a question. I want to convert my audio cassette tapes to mp3 file in my computer.. does it mean i can use my io2 express? my plan is to get the line out or head phone jack out of the cassette player and connect it to the lmic/line input of the io2 souncard. play the tape and record it to the daw software like Audacity. we can see in the io2 express that there is xlr input for mic , then a jack input for instrument like guitar/ line. Does this line refer to as dvd player line in, CD line in, Tape audio line input? the mic/input of io2 express is a TS menaing it is mono right ? So the Left and right channel of the cassette player will be link by my Yplug adaptor/connector. and will be connected to the input of io2 express sound-card ?I need some pro opinion and advice before doing this in my cassette tape conversion? help!!!

Last edited:
my goal is just to convert my audio tapes to mp3 even in mono. now with your help i can convert it into stereo mp3. will try to purchase the link cable. maybe its available in the local store. great help! thanks !

Back