io 26 FireWire not being recognized

tsphillips

Tried asking about this in the Cubase forum but not getting much response.

I have a new PC with Vista Home Premium. So I had to dump my great Aardvark interface and go with the Alesis interface (Alesis io 26 Audio MIDI 24-bit 192kHz FireWire Interface).

It worked when I set it up and tested it a few months ago. I recorded one quick piece with it. Now when I finally want to use it, I get nothing.

The mics register with the Alesis meters, but nothing records into Cubase (with the appropriate channels selected and the record On for those tracks.)

When I open Cubase SE it says there was a change with my audio device and when I run the test it says it is not in synch. I cannot find anywhere to fix this. I do not know the background stuff, as it has always been pretty much plug and play for me in the past. I basically record with no midi - just acoustic guitar and occasional vocals with four microphones and that is it.

Not sure where in Cubase to set it all up again. It seemed to automatically find it when I first set it up with the new computer.

The audio device is integrated sound, not a sound card (it is a Puget Systems computer with Micron components inside)

Any thoughts? Anyone use Cubase with this kind of interface?

Back