intros on reason

pcp

ive got a question for you reason users out there, really for any producers:

how do yall make the intros to your beats? i have a new beat that im working on that i just cant seem to bring in right. i want everything to come in slowly but everything i try just doesnt sound how i want it to. when yall go about laying out your beats in reason how do you do your intros? ive got a kinda fast piano loop, a rhythm guitar loop, and my drums, and thats really it for now seeing as i suck ass at making basslines. how would you go about bringing in these sounds? i dont even know if yall can answer that without hearing the sounds, probably not, but i guess what im basically asking is if most people have a certain formula for when they bring in the snare, the drum loop, the main sound, the rhythm, bass, etc. maybe if noone can help me i can post the intro the way i have it now and i can get some critique and advice. preciate your time.

I make a full loop of about 8 bars using every instrument that I plan to use in the beat. Then I copy paste it to about 40 bars, this is enough for my intro, first verse then hook. After that I work out the intro first using my ear to see which instruments would work best for the intro (also working with the drumkit in my redrum to know what should go where. Once I have the intro done, I do the same with the first verse and then the hook. After all three parts are done, I copy the verse/hook and paste it and then record the fade out at the end of the beat (leading up into a 4th verse but not really). This way, it's easier for me to decide when I'd want a breakdown in the track if I want one (not something I do on the frequent, but you never know).

Fieva said:
I make a full loop of about 8 bars using every instrument that I plan to use in the beat. Then I copy paste it to about 40 bars, this is enough for my intro, first verse then hook. After that I work out the intro first using my ear to see which instruments would work best for the intro (also working with the drumkit in my redrum to know what should go where. Once I have the intro done, I do the same with the first verse and then the hook. After all three parts are done, I copy the verse/hook and paste it and then record the fade out at the end of the beat (leading up into a 4th verse but not really). This way, it's easier for me to decide when I'd want a breakdown in the track if I want one (not something I do on the frequent, but you never know).

Similar to what he said...

Back