Introduction-->

Drone_21042

I have been reading a lot...especially here....and wanted to register today so that I might plague your forum with newbie questions. I promise not to ask any that could be answered had I simply used the "search" feature.

I'm just starting out in home recording. I've been playing guitar/bass/drums for many years, but I need to twist more knobs. I need to get the music out of my head.

Drone.

Welcome Drone - and BTW the Google search box at the bottom is a lot faster then the top right search which uses the boards SE.

Thank you all-

I just wanted to say how amazing this place is already- I am learning more here than I would have learned in any book. The sticky's at the beginning of each subsection have a wealth of information if you take the time to read through it. Guys like Harvey telling me all about budget mics- that's priceless information right there! For any other newbie that might be reading this: I did not need to ask anyone for advice on an interface; this forum had all the information I could ever want and I made my decision quietly. Same goes for my mics, computer, case, a even a few effects. I learned my Roland RE-301 is a keeper, and now I'm being instructed on techniques...all from the quiet comfort of my poolside chair in the back yard. This is zen. Thank you.

Drone.

Whoa! It is refreshing to hear someone who takes it upon themselves to search for information before going the easy route and asking here. You may now ask anything you want. :D

Whoa! It is refreshing to hear someone who takes it upon themselves to search for information before going the easy route and asking here. You may now ask anything you want. :D

agreed. not many people would do this. ask away my friend and welcome. :)

..not that there's anything wrong with asking questions, but having been active on other forums I know firsthand how frustrating it can be to see the same questions getting asked over and over again...all of them easily answered by a little reading. It seems a bit..dare I say...lazy(?). What's more frustrating is that most of the questions are about how they should spend their money. I mean, if money is important to you, why don't you do the research!? If it's not important than why ask questions in the first place? Spend blindly; the economy needs it.

Legwork pays huge dividends and this place here is pure gold. There's a lot of talent on these boards.

OK, now that I kissed a$$ and built up a bit of credit, it's time to spend it by asking this question I'm just Dying to know the answer to:

Dad, where do babies come from?

lazy is the word i feel suits best :/ i have spent so much time on forums and youtube and god knows where else looking for what i am trying to do and this forum seams to be filled with talent and people who have done waht you are trying to do. i have had so much help from people. i hope you enjoy your time here and find a few good lads to help you and for you to help :)

No really!!! I have seven children and as soon as I know where they are all coming from I'll slow that down some!! :laughings:

If there was a poll for 'most prepared new member worth giving advice to', you would be the most worthy. Problem now is, you probably already know what you need to figure shit out for yourself. :D That being said, I still learn everyday. The great thing about this forum is that everyone has a different approach, opinion, music style....... Finding a truly honest opinion is priceless here. Whether you like it or not, you get what you ask for here.

Once again man, I commend your introduction. That puts you on my friend list before even getting to know you. Tho i can banish you if i feel you deserve it! lmao! Totally kidding man.

My youngest still sleeps in our bed...guess I forgot where he came from cause it's been like a million years since I investigated that.

Drone.

Poetry. I write poems...mostly bad rap songs. Once I start rhyming they just stop me early and forgive any debts. Sometimes they pay me extra to stop. It seems to work.

My personal tastes aside, I would love to hear some 'poetry'. The rap thing is not my cup of tea typically, tho I have mixed a few projects in this genre. My take on music; If it's good, it's good. If it isn't, well,.......

Back