Intro / Verse Vocals, Opinions?

dreamache

I've *never* tried doing vocals before, I've always just been a guitar/drums/bass/song writer kinda guy, but I decided to give the whole vocal thing a shot..

Like many beginner vocalists, I don't really like the sound of my voice if I *go all out* and sing, it's kinda too high pitched like the singer of AFI which I don't like.. so I tried to experiment with something that I thought sounds better (lower), and it does sound better, but, the question is... is it good in and of itself? :/

It's just the intro / verse and it fades out at the chorus, does it suck bad??? I've been listening to it too much so I'm at that stage where I don't know what the hell sounds good or bad haha. I'm considering taking voice lessons.

PS: Don't mind the brief guitar feedback/static that occurs after the intro, this is just a rough draft.

Thanks

Having to listen at low volumes cause it's late...

Nothing sounds bad to me, vocals sound fine. Reminds me of CKY, or at least 2 of the songs I heard by them.

Guitars sound good too, cool song. :cool:

Hey, you've obviously got the skill to write and compose. The intro grabbed me, the upbeat change was nice. If this was a rough draft, you're doing pretty darn good.
As far as vocals, go I'd recommend working on pronunciation. I know you're singing, but it's difficult to really tell what you're saying. Then again, maybe that's what you're going for?

I can totally tell you're a "beginner", but we all are/were/will be/etc. You mentioned you don't like opening up because you're uncomfortable and don't like it. That's normal. I've been singing a LOT and practicing A LOT and I'm only just beginning to know and like my voice. Believe me, at first I was always hesitant to sing......I thought I sounded bad.

Hey, if you've got the money and time, go for vocal coaching. Find a few coaches/trainers in your area and research. Find out which are popular, who's better at what, etc. If you have a singer's throat (as I like to call it), a good teacher will help you mold and develop it. But as with all lessons of this nature, they're not for everyone. I myself, find lessons on instruments/singing to be restrictive and often a waste of time and money. It's up to you man.

You've got talent, go for your dreams!

Back