intonation

matty_boy

Sounds like your intonation is wacked. If this is the case, it is an easy fix. plug into a tuner and see if you have the same note at the twelfth fret as you have with the twelfth fret harmonic (doesn't matter which string). Let us know if it is the same or different, and we can help you.

Matty

When I play up the fretboard my guitar sounds out of tune, it's OK down in the lower frets though. What could this be???

Sorry Matty, seeing you'd provided a sensible answer, I thought someone should ask the question! :D

If you suspect intonation problems then first change your string(s). I have a floyd Rose system, so for me it's hard to set the intonation. Lots of work. I usually take it to the tech.

If you don't have a Floyd Rose setup, then you need to adjust the saddle grooves distance where your strings are lying. You will have to move the saddle forward or backward to get the right note. This can be somewhat tedious.

Also, all guitar will have some intonation. There's no way to completely get rid of it.

Wow, really?:rolleyes:

Sorry, amt, I think you've missed something here.... - check the first post in the thread....

:eek:

Haaaaaa. I hit New Thread instead of Post Reply like 5 days ago, and I just saw this now. Another monument to idiocy I guess.:D

That's simple, use compression to bring a track up in the mix, and reverb to set it in deeper.

Back