Internet on DAW, what do I need to make it work?

StudioRecorder

I'm running an Apple Power Mac G4 733 with Apple OS9.2.2 and Digidesign Pro Tools LE wich is my dedicated DAW-system. Because my PC broke down a few weeks ago I've decided to use my G4 as an internet computer also. Now I wonder what I need to make this work? I've heard that you can put a second hard-drive in there and install OSX for instance and use that for internet applications and still maintain the other system with the Apple OS9.2.2 and Digidesign Pro Tools LE on the other hard-drive and make it work without jeopardizing the stabilty of the DAW-system. Can I make this work? What do I need to do?

Um, just go on the Internet dude. Are you behind a firewall? I surf, play games, and record on my PC, all on the same partition. No big deal. I never get spyware or viruses. You're on a Mac, so that should be even less of an issue.

I've heard some stories of firewalls interfering with people's DAW's but that my be rumour. Insted of telling you what a firewall, i'll save myslef the embarrasment of being totally wrong and being flamed mercilessly. I THINK though it basically is used to keep certain junk out of your computer from the internet. What i do know is that windows XP has a built in firewall. it is in the advanced options of your network settings. Oh yeah i just remembered that you are using a mac.... well i think that symantec makes a software firewall as well.

Back