Internet Explorer Help

barefoot

barefootsound.com
My wife did something to the home computer and now we can only open one instance of IE at a time. If we try to launch another IE window, it closes the old one. Same thing when right clicking "Open Link in New Window". I can launch multiple instances of other applications, including Office apps, but not IE. I tried setting all the Internet Options to the default and then rebooting, but still no luck. This is IE 6.0.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Thomas

barefoot said:
My wife did something to the home computer and now we can only open one instance of IE at a time. If we try to launch another IE window, it closes the old one. Same thing when right clicking "Open Link in New Window". I can launch multiple instances of other applications, including Office apps, but not IE. I tried setting all the Internet Options to the default and then rebooting, but still no luck. This is IE 6.0.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Thomas

Yep, download Mozilla Firefox and let all your troubles disappear. :D

Actually now with a new firefox extension thingy, you can run an instance of IE in one (or more) of the tabs on firefox. You can also just switch back and forth between firefox and IE with just one click. It's pretty sweet.

ive had this problem before. before i switched to firefox which you really should look into. anyway, click tools at the top of IE, and then go to internet options. you will see a long list of options with check boxes beside them. scroll down a little to the end of the browsing secion. you will see an option called "Reuse Windows For Launching Shortcuts". Uncheck that and tell me if that helps you problem. I think it will. good luck.

Adam

marshall409 said:
ive had this problem before. before i switched to firefox which you really should look into. anyway, click tools at the top of IE, and then go to internet options. you will see a long list of options with check boxes beside them. scroll down a little to the end of the browsing secion. you will see an option called "Reuse Windows For Launching Shortcuts". Uncheck that and tell me if that helps you problem. I think it will. good luck.
Yeah, I already tried and it didn't work. Anyway, I installed Firefox. Now she's complaining that it doesn't function exactly like IE in every way. :rolleyes: :D

Thanks all!

Back