Interlinking interface and computer sound

Hi guys. My current setup is as follows;

PC with Soundblaster soundcard. Soundblaster has its own Synth for MIDI.
PC also has standard Synth for MIDI.
PC has firewire Presonus Firestudio Project 8 input interface attatched.
I am running Cakewalk Sonar.
I have some monitors from Presonus Main Outs.
I have some USB Speakers, plugged into the output of the PC Soundblaster Soundcard for "normal PC stuff" (i.e. not involving my Sonar and Presonus).

Now, I wondered if it would be possible to get my Presonus to appear as a "normal computer" output/input on the Sounds and Audio devices for windows. Currently there are my USB speakers and the Soundblaster soundcard.

I need to do this because;

If I have a project in Sonar, my audio is coming from my monitors. However, I cannot get any MIDI to come from them - as that is synthed by my Soundblaster which can only come out of the USB Speakers...
This means my MIDI is coming out of speakers instead of Monitors.

If I could get the Presonus to come up on the normal computer interfaces, then I could solve many problems.
To overcome this, I currently have to take a cable from my Soundcard out or headphone out on the speakers, into my presonus. This wastes one input.
Also, I cannot listen to a song from Windows Media Player on my monitors without this cable, or importing it to Sonar.
I also need to export from Sonar to check a mix on my USB speakers.

Is there a way I can interlink all this? I hope you understand..I found it tricky to explain!
Thankyou :)

Get a small cheap mixer.

Outs of the Presonus and the line-outs of the Soundblaster to the mixer.

Outputs of the mixer to your monitors.

(This will also give you an individual volume control over each.)

Back