Interface not giving sound to DAW?

Shapelierpanda

Hey guys, I'm working on recording drums and eventually my band. For christmas I got two MXL v63M condenser mics, stands, cables, and a TASCAM 1800 audio interface. So I set the mics up in the recorderman configuration, downloaded the free version of MuTools, and turned everything on, connecting the interface to the computer via USB 2.0. But I guess i just have no idea what to do now, as the interface is detecting my signals, I can see the limit light come on when i turn the gain up and play, but I can't figure out how to get that signal into Mutools. Computer is a Macbook Pro by the way.

Thanks!

What the hell is Mutools? lol! Sorry, just never heard of it.

If you go with Cubase LE5 that came with the 1800, I can totally help you. :)

Typically, you need to select the ASIO driver for the 1800 within your DAW.

Well I got it used from Musiciansfriend, and unfortunately i guess it didn't come with Cubase. I will email them tomorrow or something though. Maybe they forgot... ahah.

MuTools is the more powerful version of MuLab, I'm guessing? :confused:

MuLab is pretty schweet. It's stable and a piece of eye candy. o_O

Ah, bought it used. I could send you the LE5 install disc if you like. You should probably just download a trial version of Cubase, and see if it works for you though. Or just download Reaper. Or just figure out how to use MuLab. lol, I just think of cows when I type MuLab...

Merry Christmas to you as well!

:D

If you did send me the disk, wouldn't i need like a registration code? I tried the trial but you need a USB thing, haha. All these anti piracy measures are making me want to pirate, haha.

Naw, LE5 does not require a dongle or registration. I'm not sure why it can't just be downloaded. I suppose it is just a teaser, included with certain interfaces, but it is kinda strange you can't just have it.

Don't be a pirate. :)

Reaper is free to try, with no limitations. But, I can't help you with it, as I am a Cubase addict. :)

All these anti piracy measures are making me want to pirate, haha.

I have felt that way before. I certainly won't get on you for feeling that way... But don't pirate ahah.

If you admit that here, you have bought yourself a quick ban ticket! :eek:

Mebeh not a ban ticket, but certainly a disliking.

It has been already. Working with it as we speak.

I love it for the most part. It is mostly the mixer that has changed. The first update removed a very critical saving of mixer settings, that pisses me off, but I'm sure that will get fixed soon. I think some programmer just dropped the ball there. Maybe he actually got laid, and it confused him. lol

Sorry, that was rude.

Holy crap, I now have reaper, hahah. So, although this probably isn't the best place to ask, what do i do when it asks me to select my audio device driver if i want to use my tascam.

Sorry for being so nooby but i can't find the info i need anywhere else and this is probably more welcome than starting a new thread. I can't just select the TASCAM in reaper. In the Audio Device drop down menu, the options are none, default system devices, Built in input, built in output, and Boomdevice, which i think has to do with a system wide equalizer i have installed. so do i need these ASIO i heard about from my research? I found them but don't see how to install them on a mac. Guys I'm so lost haha. but thank you so much for your help.

Mac and Reaper=foreign to me.

Someone help here!!!

Wait, you bought used. Did you get the driver instal disc for the 1800?

If not, then you need to install it from HERE.

Back