intel mac software question

nosignal

okay, so i just got a "new" previous generation macbook and I have come to learn a semi frustrating thing about intel macs, and that is that cubase le will not run on them. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some free programs that i could use that are similar to cubase le.

I know that i can use garageband, and I used to use it on my previous laptop but I've grown quite fond of cubase le in the fact that you can zoom in so much further with cubase than garageband, I use that feature a lot. I figure I'll just have to suck it up and use garageband until I can save up some money to get logic express or something similar, but i just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks!

Interesting. I'm an intel-mac owner (x2) and have a copy of Cubase LE that came bundled with one of my interfaces, but I had never tried installing it.

You might try audacity (freeware). There's a link to it here. Other than that, GarageBand is probably your best bet for free software.

On a side note, I use Logic 8 on both of my Macs and love it. The sample interface is very similar to GarageBand, so its an easy transition.

Back