insulation

LDQ

Hello all,

On the attached drawing....is the 50 mm insulation for the floor and wall rigid or regular insulation? Do I have any options as to which type I use?

Let me know,

Cheers,

Luis

Attachments

• walls.gif
    walls.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 111
Unless $$ is no object, regular insulation is sufficient in both cases. And if that's an external wall , make sure you have a vapor barrier beneath the drywall.

Dan Merrill said:
Unless $$ is no object, regular insulation is sufficient in both cases. And if that's an external wall , make sure you have a vapor barrier beneath the drywall.

Thanks for your response Dan....

This would be for my basement wich is concrete floors and walls. I want to make shure I have good isolation and don't freeze to death in the winter.

What regular insulation do you recomend?? Can I also used ceiling tiles fiber board....you know cheaper than that 703 and Knauf stuff.?

Regards,

Luis.

I guess you can use the fluffy kind of rockwool/fibreglass batts in there.. My Master handbook says (4th edition, page 172):

"The low-density mineral fiber batts commonly used in building construction are as affective as the high-density boards, and they are much cheaper."

Herwig

Back