Instrumental metal

Truth Behind Lies kicks ass dude...nice sounds, and a great tune.

Persistence...nice and heavy dude. Good drumming there.

Fear...this is one of your better mixes...nice and clear. Really like this one.

Cool stuff man...this is what you redid when your friend stopped over isn't it?

Some very cool stuff going on here. I will me back for a closer listen later;) No mix advice until I have time to really listen.
Dinner is done and the wife gets pissy if I don't get it while it warm :D

Oh What's the electric kit model and module?

F.S.

I listened to every song. Very badass man. I love instrumental metal. Orion is my ultimate favorite song so you know I love that stuff man. THe only thing I think you should work on is the mastering. It seems like you over compress some and it sucks the air out of my ears! GOod stuff man.

Fear and Slog were my fav. ANd that collab with Dogman is pretty good, ya'll should finish it.

Ya, my friend used his line6 pedal that you hear out of the right and I continued to use my GT8, all those songs actually have lyrics but we drink too much beer to get into that most of the time. Sorry Dogman I haven't worked on our tune but life's been keeping busy and out of this place. Take the copy I started, record your interpretation of it and I'll finish it. If that's cool with you.
Glad you guys like it.
My next mission is a reggae song with steel drums, a salsa song....yadiyadiya!
Just one of each, I have a great sounding flamenco effect in my GR33 :p

I like it...The guitar tones are good...but the drums are a little dry mostly the snare...and the drum performance could be tighter..imo..But I am listening on computer speakers....The harmony in the guitars on "slog" are cool!

good work over all!

james

Hey Dumby !! Love your tunes. I listened to the first 4. *Truth Behind Lies* sounds radio ready and an is an excellent song.

*Persistance Behind Prayers* was also good.

*Slog* was good.

I favour *Displaced Aggression*...I thought it's intro was cool, although the violins need to be brought up in the mix and perhaps a little more tweeking here and there, overall volume increase being one area. I love the way you progress with it, then regress...then progress again to outro...excellent stuff. The off beat you used is awesome too. So were the violins done on the piano with the GR33 or did you use a guitar with it?

Of course, my critic is just *my* opinion and what *my* ears hear and listening system tell me. ;) :D

True :)

jamesduysen said:
I like it...The guitar tones are good...but the drums are a little dry mostly the snare...and the drum performance could be tighter..imo..But I am listening on computer speakers....The harmony in the guitars on "slog" are cool!

good work over all!

james

I agree with you on the snare, but I can't tweak it individualy except for volume so I would compromise the rest of the kit which believe it or not took me quite a while to come up with this recipe to make everything work.

One nit for you on the truth behind lies. The solo is a bit more than out front to me. With that (cool) tone you have I think it could be pulled down a bit. I don't think there is any worry of it not standing out from the mix. Cool solo too.

F.S.

Back