Installing Sonar x1 producer on a 3 storage drive system

offcenter2005

I just installed sonar x1 producer on my newly built pc. I did the complete install on the c drive which is a crucial m4 128 gb ssd. My question is how to setup sonar to optimally run with my three hard drives. I know that drive c should be OS, programs, vst dll. files. The other drives i have are drive d: a WD caviar black 1tb for projects and drive e: for sample libraries which is another WD caviar black 1tb. since i installed the program and all its files on the ssd can i cut and paste the folders from sonar to the right drives? If I need to post more information please let me know, thank you very much.
offcenter2005 is online now Edit/Delete Message

Unless you are running a stand alone version of the program. I am not sure if Sonar has one. Most of the time, you would be installing that to your Drive C where most programs should be. Installation in that method would introduce some changes to your registry and that you cannot simply copy and paste the program from one drive to another.

I once have 3 hard drives in my PC and all programs are installed on the first drive where the OS resides. I never had any problem with this setup.

I have my system set up as drive c for os, programs and vst dll files, drive d as audio projects only and drive e as sample libraries. I was wanting to know what sonar folders should be directed to the audio drive for best performance. Sonar x1 has a more complex install than previous versions and i want all streaming recorded audio and projects on the d drive and only streaming sample libraries on the e drive. But with the new sonar the installation is confusing me. I hope that explains it a little better.

Looks like you've separated your projects from the program already... Any other splits probably won't pull that much of a performance gain for you. Some folks say that samples can remain on C (because they're loaded into mem... YMMV), Maybe throw the Audio Library wave files over to D or E, but other than that, looks like you're good to go :)

Back